The Co-Operatives and Mutuals Strategic Development Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Western Australia Business School.Full disclaimer.
The Co-Operatives and Mutuals Strategic Development Program(CMSDP) has been designed by Winthrop Professor Tim Mazzarol and Dr Elena Limnios, recognised experts in the field, following extensive research into the needs of co-operative and mutual organisations.
This three-day program applies theory and industry best practice to the organisational realities of the participants. The program will focus on the sustainability, performance, and resilience of co-operative and mutual organisations.
At the conclusion of the program participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the co-operative and mutual business model with that of investor-owned businesses
- Exhibit knowledge of the co-operative and mutual business model as it exists locally, nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate an ability to apply their understanding of co-operative and mutual enterprise business model dynamics to the solving of managerial problems
- Have greater insight into their personal leadership strengths and weaknesses and how they relate to their organisation’s imperatives
- Evaluate the impact, and make strategic decisions in relation to:
- government policies and legal environments
- competitive market dynamics
- social cooperation within their member community, and
- the impact of the natural environment
- Understand the nature of member loyalty and engagement within a co-operative and mutual enterprise and how to strengthen and retain member commitment.
- Module 1: Understanding Co-Operative and Mutual Business Models
- Module 2: Governance and Leadership in Member Owned Businesses
- Module 3: Marketing Our Co-Operative Advantage (MOCA)
- Module 4: Financing Co-Operative and Mutual Businesses
- Module 5: Legislative Structures and their Impact on Co-Operative and Mutual Enterprises.