About the course
In today's collaborative work environment, leaders are expected to facilitate group discussions and decision making among diverse points of view. In doing so, they may encounter competing agendas, conflicts of interest and stakeholders who monopolize a discussion while others remain stoically silent. In this highly- interactive seminar, participants will learn and practice the skills for facilitating dynamic, interactive discussions focused on producing impactful results. This seminar is ideal for anyone who wishes to implement a strategy session, lead a project team, enable collaborative learning or work through team issues.
As part of the seminar, participants will practice facilitating using real life client or internal business situations. Lessons will be supported with a blend of solid technique and practical feedback.
25% Guidelines for initial preparation
- Evaluate your facilitation skills through a unique self-assessment
- Essential practices for kicking off a group discussion
25% Review and practice of basic facilitation skills
- What to listen for when everybodys talking
- Effective use of open and close-ended questions
25% The art of collaborative facilitation
- Nine strategies for organizing the flow of discussion
- Recognize and respond to disruptive behaviors
25% Practicing in real life
- Engage group participants to build cohesive momentum
- Inspire commitment to achieving bottom line results
Managing partner of Paragon Global, where we build custom training and coaching programs for leaders at companies like yours. Over the years, we’ve been entrusted to engage with organizations such as Google, Blackstone and Montefiore Medical Center, just to name a few. We specialize in one-on-o...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.