Who should attend
- Oil and Gas Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Team Leaders
- Safety Specialists and Technicians
- Investment Bankers, Fund Managers
- Media Analysts and Commentators
- Exploration, Production and Refinery Managers
- Marketing, Law, Human Resources
- Accounting and Finance Personnel
- Anyone requiring a broad understanding of the Structure, Operations and Economics of the Oil and Gas Industries
About the course
This 10-day Management & Leadership seminar provides essential knowledge and skills for managers and supervisors who are working in the oil and gas sector.
The course provides the opportunity to study the oil and gas business from the perspective of the entire value chain, to analyze oil and gas management strategies and discover the unique business issues facing today's energy marketplace.
As the oil and gas industry impacts organizations and societies worldwide, it is important to learn how to position oneself for success in this competitive industry.
This Oxford seminar will provide an intellectually challenging academic course of study that will give the ability to analyze and evaluate key theoretical concepts and practical applications in issues of oil and gas management.
- Gain thorough understanding of the nature of the global oil & gas industry, from discovery and production through to consumption
- Understand the geopolitics of oil and gas and the major challenges facing the industry
- Gain an overview of refining and petrochemical processes
- Evaluate the primary uses of oil and gas and its significance within the global energy industry
- Understand the role of the various organizations involved in the oil and gas exploitation
- Evaluate organizations with a positive saefty culture that are characterized by communications founded on mutual trust, by shared perceptions of the importance of safety, and by confidence in the efficacy of preventative measures
- Gain and enhance good negotiating skills which are essential to the smooth running of the business
- The Nature and Formation of the fossil fuels and oil reserves, including: The Chemistry of Petroleum, The Characteristics of Fossil Fuels, Industries & Uses
- Petroleum Exploration and Development, including: Traps and Trapping Mechanisms; Geophysical & Geochemical Surveys; Offshore Drilling and Production; Exploratory Drilling & Testing the Well
- Distribution Transmission and Transportation, including: Geopolitics and World Energy Markets; The Geopolitics of Oil Pipelines; OPEC and the future role of the cartel; Sustainable Energy: Myths and Realities
- Transportation, including: Pipelines; Oil Tankers; Storage
- Introduction to the Downstream Petroleum Industry, including: The Market for Crude Oil; The Crude Price, The Refining Process; Product & Specifications
- Petroleum Economics, including: World Petroleum Consumption, Supply and Prices, Prospects for the Future; Futures, Options and Hedging; Energy Finance and Economics; Developing and Financing Oil and Gas Projects; Discounted Cash Flow; Present Value and Future Value; Internal Rate of Return
- Contracts, Joint Ventures and Fiscal Regimes, including: Relationship between NOCs and IOCS; Oil & Gas Contracts; Production Sharing Agreements
- Financial and Energy Risk Management, including: Risk Types and Management; Trading Energy Commodities; Geopolitical Risks Opportunities; Risk and Opportunity Analysis; The Future of the Global Oil and Gas Industry
- Safety and Sustainability including: Carbon Capture and Environmental Issues; Culture and Safety; Leadership and Teamwork; Understanding Why Employees put themselves at Risk
- Assessing the Organisational Culture, including: Successful Negotiation; Active Listening; Communication and Leadership; Presentation Skills; Steps in Negotiation; Negotiating Roles
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.