About the course
The purpose of the practicum is to provide students with the opportunity to apply theory learned during the online course to a real classroom setting, from which they will receive instructor, observer, and student feedback on their lesson planning and teaching. Students will synthesize course learnings, present their portfolio of work, and submit a philosophy of teaching essay.
By the conclusion of the practicum, students will have achieved the following:
- Conducted a student needs assessment during an introductory lesson;
- Utilized needs assessment to plan instruction for four subsequent lessons;
- Integrated student assessment into the instructional planning cycle;
- Applied the principles of objectives-based, student-centered communicative language teaching to the preparation of 5 lesson plans;
- Engaged in written reflection following each teaching session;
- Provided peer input during lesson plan review sessions;
- Utilized instructor/observer feedback for continuous improvement in teaching;
- Completed a portfolio presentation and
- Prepared a philosophy of teaching statement.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.