Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Early career professionals with high managerial potential, ready to accelerate their career development and business contribution through broader management responsibility.
- Functional experts needing a broader organisational perspective, the ability to influence without formal authority, to be seen as credible and to develop effective relationships across the organisation.
- Participants come from a broad variety of organisations ranging from mid-size businesses to large corporations across all sectors.
About the course
Develop your management perspective and leadership capabilities. This immersive learning experience, designed for early career professionals with high managerial potential, blends professional development with personal growth to provide you with a clearer strategic understanding, broadening your business expertise and developing your leadership capabilities.
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Greater confidence and competence to work outside your comfort zone.
- A wider perspective on management, enabling you to make a substantive contribution to the whole organisation.
- A strategic mind set so you can focus and align your activity to adding long term value.
- Increased understanding of decision making, constructive politics and social dynamics, allowing you to effectively influence and engage across all levels, functions and cultures, even without formal authority.
- To broaden your perspective on management, the programme will focus on a range of organisational functions and the leadership skills they demand to deliver results.
- To develop your ability to influence without authority, this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your leadership style. You will cover a range of organisational and interpersonal leadership skills and identify and execute a real life project that adds value to your organisation.
- During the course of the programme, you will work with a group of fellow participants on a business simulation, assessing complex situations and making strategic decisions concerning a fictitious commercial business.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 8-10 hours to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are 5 days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus a face to face review at six months and a virtual review at 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced operational functional team performance and leadership.
- Increased empowerment and innovation.
- Less silo working and more cross-business collaboration.
- Strategically aligned operational and functional development.
- Bottom-up as well as top-down change capability.
- A stronger talent and succession pipeline.
Philippa joined Cranfield School of Management in 2003, and since then her focus has been on executive education, designing and directing executive development initiatives for middle and senior managers. She has worked with a wide range of clients in a broad range of sectors undertaking significa...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.