Supply Chain Management (Executive Master Class)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
The modular Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management is an intensive management programme that gives you a solid theoretical foundation, along with hands-on insights and best practices to optimise your supply chain and sharpen your organisation’s competitive advantage.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management'?
You’ll be part of an exciting Vlerick learning experience. Learning about business at Vlerick will inspire you for life. We have a unique approach to learning, which focuses on bringing theory to life, giving you the skills and insight you need to really make a difference. Spend time on our beautiful campuses, and you become part of one of the most active business communities in Europe, learning in a way that will help you to be a more effective and productive business leader throughout your career.
Our 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management' puts you at the centre of the learning experience. And it really is an experience far away from traditional classroom learning. You’ll work collaboratively with your faculty and fellow participants to bring your ideas to life in a robust and practical way.
*Supply Chain Expertise *
You’ll develop genuine supply chain expertise based on a solid structural, conceptual and practical background. Apply out-of-the-box thinking to tackle strategic, tactical and operational issues in supply chain management.
*High-level faculty *
You’ll engage with our high-level Vlerick faculty, international guest professors and C-level business speakers. At Vlerick, you’re always in the right place for the best international training programme in Supply Chain Management.
Live it, learn it, do it
Academic tools & frameworks are only valuable if they can be applied in real life. As well as traditional learning, you'll go on visits, and be taking part in discussions, simulations & group assignments. You'll also be able to interact with faculty and course participants via our online platforms. Increase the Return on Investment through working on an individual business relevant company project. You’ll profit from individual support, constructive feedback and team feedback.
You’ll experience sessions that are highly interactive (case studies, discussions, etc.) to allow you to learn not only from the faculty, but also through the interaction and exchanges of experience between participants. You’ll work alongside experienced people from diverse backgrounds – and you can actively choose who you mix with by choosing different pathways through your learning. You’ll be sharing, learning and benefitting from the buzz of group energy.
*The big picture *
Being at Vlerick gives you a great opportunity to step back from daily business and let us help you take a more strategic view.
*Expand your Network *
Enhance your supply chain network with fellow participants and instructors. Attend events of the Vlerick Alumni association and meet more than 17,000 alumni in more than 100 countries.
*We’re on your side, all the way *
Continuous learning is a way of life at Vlerick. Our teams have an open door policy and they're always keen to share their vast experience. You’ll be able to tailor the programme to your and your company’s needs
The 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management' starts with four core modules. These have been designed to give you a superb Supply Chain Management learning experience and get you working alongside your fellow participants and faculty. When you’ve completed the core modules, it will be up to you to decide what you want to learn by choosing electives that fulfil yours and your company’s needs. We’ll suggest two learning paths but at the same time allow you to build your own learning path. You will find more details when you browse through this programme webpage.
Kick-off evening session
During the kick-off session you will be introduced to the programme, the Vlerick way of learning and key practicalities. We will spend some time to get to know each other and together enjoy a welcome dinner.
- Studying at Vlerick Business School: our approach to learning with impact
- Programme overview and practicalities
- Welcome to Vlerick Alumni
- Get-to-know your colleagues
Module 1: Strategy and planning for an effective supply chain
As globalisation and competition amongst suppliers increases, the spotlight on supply chain management is shining like never before. This module will show you how to turn your organisation’s strategy into an effective supply chain design. You’ll be guided through a business simulation to introduce the dynamics of supply chains and gain insights into the strategic role of the supply chain manager. We’ll be investigating inventory management and integrated supply chain planning, covering multi-echelon safety stock optimisation, forecasting techniques and capacity planning.
Understanding supply chain dynamics
Using your supply chain to create a competitive advantage
Supply chain segmentation
- Aligning the supply chain to your customer segments
- Designing efficient, flexible and adaptable supply chains
Planning and managing inventories in a supply chain
- Balancing inventory costs and customer service
- Benefits and risks of inventory pooling
- Managing uncertainty: securing your safety stock in a multi-echelon system
Integrated supply chain planning
- Gaining practical knowledge of demand planning, forecasting and inventory optimisation tools and techniques
- Understanding the value of data analytics in the supply chain
- Matching supply and demand
Module 2: Structuring the global supply chain
You as a supplier – how does your organisation fit in the chain? We’ll discuss supply chains from the perspectives of distribution, global network design, contract management and the use of technologies in the total supply chain. You’ll identify challenges in international distribution and understand and analyse the cost of distribution. We’ll explore outsourcing and service contracts in the context of international supply chain collaborations - applications include service level agreements, gain sharing mechanisms, global partnerships and alliances.
Developing a strategy for distribution logistics
- Identifying challenges in international distribution
- Learning the strengths and weaknesses of different network designs
- Understanding and analysing the cost of distribution for the purpose of distribution network decision-making
Global integration and local responsiveness
- Decision-making in international manufacturing
- Recognising the strategic role of the plant and identify potential lead plants
- Using value-adding technology in the supply chain
Service level agreements (SLAs) for outsourced services
- The benefits and drawbacks of outsourcing in a supply chain
- Learning the principles of ‘intelligent’ SLAs
- Increasing value by applying gain sharing principles
Module 3: Managing cross-functional supply chains
This module focuses on collaborating with areas like sales, marketing and finance – and how to use collaboration into a competitive advantage. First you’ll learn what effective sales and operations planning is and how it links to revenue management and performance management. Then we’ll explore the impact of supply chain management on cost control and financial performance, addressing topics such as cost-to-serve, working capital reduction and cash management. Finally we’ll discuss the supply chain organisation model and the roles and responsibilities of a supply chain department and a supply chain manager.
Integrated sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Synchronising forecasted demand with supply resources
- S&OP as a mechanism for communication and collaboration across functions
- Applying revenue management methods to increase supply chain profits
- Defining relevant S&OP performance indicators
Understanding supply chain cost and financial performance
- Understand the impact supply chain management can have on financial performance
- Identify the drivers of cost in the supply chain
- Carry out a cost-to-serve analysis
- Recognise the mechanics and various accounts that make up a firm’s balance sheet
- Learn how to manage the various trade-offs that firms face when dealing with working capital
Organising for supply chain management
- Understand your organisation’s supply chain maturity
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of the supply chain manager
- Identify the best design for supply chain excellence
Module 4: Managing agile and sustainable supply chains
We’ll provide hands-on insight into how to identify and analyse supply chain risks. You’ll learn how to build resilience into your supply chain through reviewing global sourcing options and mass customisation. As a result you’ll be able to mitigate uncertainty and generate higher margins. The second part of this module will show you how to orchestrate supply chain sustainability. You’ll learn key sustainability principles and know how to implement them in your firm and extended network.
Understand and manage global supply chain complexity and risk
- Understand the challenges of global sourcing
- Use total landed cost to identify the most cost-effective global networks
- Learn how to identify, analyse, manage and mitigate risks in the supply chain
- Explore and apply simulation techniques for risk related decision-making
- Highlight capabilities that allow a firm to anticipate and overcome disruptions
- Learn how mass customisation strategy helps companies achieve higher levels of flexibility and lower costs
Supply chain sustainability
- Learn how to create and protect long-term environmental, social and economic value for all stakeholders and understand the principles of sustainability
- Build a business case for supply chain sustainability
- Master practical tools to engage with suppliers on sustainability
Who should attend
- Current and future Supply Chain Managers, Procurement and Materials Managers, Production Managers, Logistics and Distribution Managers, Demand and Customer Service Managers
- Responsibles for the proper functioning of the Supply Chain, such as: Plant Managers, Information Systems Managers, Sales Managers, etc.
- Professionals responsible for setting up and developing inter-plant and inter-organisational relations and networks
Consultants in the development and implementation of new systems and structures for integrated Supply Chain Management, or which are involved in supply chain projects
If you took basic APICS courses in the past, such as 'Certified in Production and Inventory Management' (CPIM) or 'Certified Supply Chain Professional' (CSCP), the Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management will be beneficial to you as it provides a holistic management lens to global operations, supply chain and logistics.
This 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management' is designed for individuals who want to master the tools and techniques or want to give a strategic and international dimension to the competences required to be at the level of a senior supply chain professional. At least 3 years of relevant experience is required to participate in the programme.