Who should attend
- Supply Chain professionals, looking for a comprehensive Supply Chain Management course which covers the most crucial topics in SC Management
- Experienced Supply Chain professionals, who conduct business based on their “gut feeling” and are looking for a structured approach
- Technical profiles who switched from a technical role towards a commercial role
- High potentials who want to be well prepared for their next step in their career
- Profiles in products or services organisation, SMEs or big companies
About the course
Master the complex art of supply chain management
Which strategy and planning do you have to implement as a supply chain professional to create an efficient supply chain? Which factors do you have to take into account to structure a worldwide supply chain? How can you help organise and integrate supply chain in your organisation? How do you manage the flexible and sustainable supply chains of the future? The Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management is a module-based programme based on proven concepts and insights that will provide you with the answer.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management'?
- Tackle a concrete, strategic challenge within your company as part of an in-company project
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and practice-based insights in Supply Chain Management
- Discuss best practices in Supply Chain with seasoned colleagues from various industries
- Analyse strategic tools to be used in the competitive landscape
- Evaluate the current position of your company compared to your future challenges
The 'Executive Master Class in Supply Chain Management' starts with four core modules. These have been designed to give you a superb Supply Chain Management learning experience and get you working alongside your fellow participants and faculty. When you’ve completed the core modules, it will be up to you to decide what you want to learn by choosing electives that fulfil yours and your company’s needs. And through an in-company project, you’ll be able to work on your own challenges, relevant to your business.
Module 1: Strategy and planning for an effective supply chain
- Understanding supply chain dynamics
- Using your supply chain to create a competitive advantage
- Supply Chain segmentation
- Planning and managing inventories in a supply chain
- Integrated supply chain planning
Module 2: Structuring the global supply chain
- Developing a strategy for distribution logistics
- Global integration and local responsiveness
- Service level agreements (SLAs) for outsourced services
Module 3: Managing cross-functional supply chains
- Integrated sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Understanding supply chain cost and financial performance
- Organising for supply chain management
Module 4: Managing agile and sustainable supply chains
- Understand and manage global supply chain complexity and risk
- Supply chain sustainability
Ann advises you on the supply chain that best fits your strategy and your products. Ann Vereecke is Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Vlerick Business School and Ghent University. She is Partner and Faculty Dean of Vlerick Business School. She graduated as an engineer at Ghen...
Improving your Operations and Supply Chain Management to achieve superior bottom-line performance. Robert Boute is Professor Operations Management at Vlerick Business School. He teaches operations and supply chain management in the degree programs at Vlerick (both full time and executive MBA). F...
Behzad believes in the importance of rigorous quantitative analysis in making business decisions. He combines mathematical optimisation and revenue management techniques to achieve the best performance in health care and energy management. Behzad Samii is Full Professor of Operations and Supply C...
Dr Bram Desmet is Adjunct Professor in Operations & Supply Chain Management at Vlerick Business School. He holds a Master’s degree in Mathematics (Ghent University, 1998), an Executive MBA (Vlerick, 2004) and a PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (Ghent University, 2009). Fr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.