Who should attend
This programme is ideal for executives, directors, managers, heads of strategy, heads of innovation, business unit heads and entrepreneurs.
About the course
Re-frame the strategic challenges that face your organisation by linking design thinking with innovation to achieve responsive and competitive strategies that are ideal for a disruptive world.
This leadership-level course helps you to uncover new ways of driving growth and competitiveness in your organisation. You will be able to scan the landscape for external changes and, equipped with the latest tools and techniques for that context, respond optimally as a leader, manager, and participant. In a simulation-based learning environment, you will work on your own customer/client challenges; learning to respond in ways that accelerate innovation and entrench business relevance.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the interplay between strategy, innovation and design thinking
- Tackle disruption and disintermediation in an array of sectors
- Scan, understand and respond to changes in the business environment
- Build competitive advantage in a complex and discontinuous landscape
- See innovation as a key enabler for disruptive thinking in an organisation
- Use strategy tools, experiential learning and elements of design thinking to address specific challenges
- Leverage frameworks for developing and managing strategy and innovation
- Understand the true impact of COVID-19 on South Africa and various sectors .
Key focus areas:
- The interplay between strategy, innovation and the local context:
- Dissecting the new normal: Disruption and disintermediation;
- Principles of design thinking;
- Practicing design thinking through curated experiential learning;
- Ideation sprint: Bringing our learnings together and applying them by addressing specific organisational challenges.
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.