Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Business leaders who have responsibility for setting strategy in their organisation, business unit or team
- Functional leaders transitioning into general management
- Managers and professionals who are responsible for shaping and developing business strategies
- Individuals from emerging and fast-growing organisations as well as larger global organisations with an interest in strategy
- Members of strategy teams
About the course
Making the complex simple and the simple compelling
In a complex business world of change and uncertainty leaders with strategic acumen are needed - now more than ever - to develop and coordinate a future direction for sustainable growth and profitability. This Strategic Thinking course will build and sharpen your strategic thinking mindset and muscle. The course workshops the entire strategy process with practical tools and frameworks to strengthen your communication and decision-making skills.
- Learn about approaches to strategy analysis and development
- Learn how to match organisational strengths to opportunities in the marketplace
- Develop the mindset and skillset you need to enhance your strategy practice
The course will equip you with the strategic thinking mindset, skills and tools to create and communicate a sustainable future of growth and profitability for your organisation. We will address the following objectives and outcomes.
What you will learn
Session 1 Introduction
- Building your strategic thinking mindset
- Developing your leadership purpose.
Session 2 Outside-in thinking
- Macro drivers of change
- Industry dynamics
- Strategy canvas and blue ocean
- Opportunity identification.
Session 3 Strategic capability
- Capability analysis: the VRIO model
- Managing the strategy and culture relationship: The cultural web tool
- Innovating product and service delivery.
Session 4 Strategic direction
- Competitive strategy
- Strategy evaluation: the Rumelt model
- Strategy implementation.
Session 5 Strategy presentations
Steve Jaynes is an Associate Professor of Strategy in the Department of Management, and the MBA Director at Macquarie University. He has over 20 years’ experience in research, teaching, executive development and consulting in the fields of business strategy, leadership, culture and change. He was...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.