Who should attend
- Business leaders who have responsibility for setting strategy in
- their organisation, business unit or team
- Functional leaders transitioning into general management
- Managers and professionals who are responsible for shaping
- and developing business strategies
- Individuals from emerging and fast-growing organisations as
- well as larger global organisations with an interest in strategy
- Members of strategy teams
About the course
Drive business growth with your strategy skills
Strategic thinking is essential for business leaders in an increasingly dynamic world. It is the key to developing breakthrough strategies to renew and create sources of competitive advantage.
You will gain practical tools and frameworks which empower you to create and communicate a sustainable future for your organisation by approaching challenges and opportunities from a strategic perspective.
- Learn from strategy experts with extensive industry experience
- Get the tools for success with intensive practical learning
- Strengthen your leadership with a strategic vision
This program equips you to think strategically about your organisation and its position in the market. You will build your ability to drive the business forward with customised planning and a compelling vision for success.
You will learn to:
- Implement a range of strategy tools and frameworks to improve strategic thinking
- Understand the drivers that create and sustain competitive advantage
- Identify the key capabilities and skills needed to deliver strategic objectives
- Use analytical tools to identify and evaluate a business’ strategy and position in the industry
- Design strategies to deliver on growth objectives
- Apply practical tools to execute strategy
What you'll learn
Day 1: Key elements of strategic thinking
- The context of strategy and strategic thinking
- The importance of alignment, choice and fit
- Creating a guiding vision and mission
- Industry and competitor analysis
- Strategies for growth
- Entering a new industry
Day 2: Achieving your goals with strategy
- Building and leveraging competitive advantage
- Business model innovation
- Managing, assessing and developing resources
- Aligning goals and objectives to strategy
- Communicating your strategy
- Leading people through change
Steve Jaynes is an Associate Professor of Strategy in the Department of Management, and the MBA Director at Macquarie University. He has over 20 years’ experience in research, teaching, executive development and consulting in the fields of business strategy, leadership, culture and change. He was...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.