Who should attend
This course is designed for acquisition professionals including contracting officers, program managers, supply chain managers, and other personnel who need to understand the strategic sourcing process.
About the course
Acquisition professionals use strategic sourcing to acquire goods and services in a cost-effective way when tasked with finding the best possible value in the marketplace. You will gain experience analyzing government spending data to make strategic sourcing decisions during this hands-on workshop. You will work through a case study that guides you through the process and exposes you to unexpected challenges along the way. While you don’t need to be a contracting expert, you should be prepared to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Explain the key objectives, benefits, and challenges of strategic sourcing
- Analyze an organization’s current spend strategy
- Assess and prioritize opportunities for savings
- Develop a strategic sourcing strategy based on agency data that achieves agency goals
- Implement the strategic sourcing strategy to maximize total cost savings, value, vendor access, and socioeconomic participation
- Establish processes to track and manage performance of the strategic sourcing contract
- Apply best practices and lessons learned in strategic sourcing efforts
What is Strategic Sourcing?
- Why Do Strategic Sourcing
- Common Myths
- Strategic Sourcing Benefits
- Industry and Strategic Sourcing
- The Strategic Sourcing Process
- Conduct a High-Level Spend Analysis
- Evaluate and Prioritize Commodities
- Develop a Strategic Sourcing Plan
- Profile a Commodity
- Analyze the Supply Market
- Develop a Commodity Strategy
- Develop the Acquisition Strategy
- Develop a Transition Plan
- Manage Internal Processes, Policies, and Technologies
- Manage Supplier Relationships
- Monitor Customer Needs and Markets
- Measure and Report Performance
- Guiding Principles
- Case Study 5-1: Performance Management
Lessons Learned and Best Practices
- Lessons Learned
- Resources to Support Strategic Sourcing Initiatives
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.