Strategic Management of Innovation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Indian firms lag behind their peers in innovation-related capabilities. As India seeks to grow rapidly over the next several years, Indian firms need to ramp up their level of innovation. In this program, we examine how to build and sustain innovation-related capabilities.
Increasingly, innovation has become one of the critical drivers of competitive advantage. Firms that innovate have high profitability, high growth rates and higher chances of survival. Despite the well-known benefits of innovation, firms find it difficult to be truly innovative. In this program, we examine the dynamics of innovation, systematic processes for successful innovation, strategic aspects of innovation, and how to build and sustain innovation-related capabilities. In addition, we will dwell on the institutional antecedents of innovation and its intertwining with competition.
- Types and sources of innovations
- Disruptive innovations
- Open innovation
- Business model innovation
- Bottom-of-the-pyramid innovations
- Battles for technology standards and design dominance
- Appropriating the value of innovation
- Institutions for innovation
- Managing global innovation
- Collaboration for innovation
- Organizing for innovation
- Managing the new product development process
- Managing new product development teams
Who should attend
Senior managers who are involved in any type of innovation (product, process or business model) and managers of R&D labs.