Strategic Management in Banking
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
Developing a strategic mindset in the fast-changing banking world
How should banks reassess their strategies after the global financial crisis? What are the strategic implications of the Basel 3 regulations on capital and liquidity? How will big data and digital banking change the future of banking? How to sustain revenue growth? The Strategic Management in Banking programme provides senior bankers and board members with the opportunity to reassess and explore the future of banking, developing new approaches for strategic management in a fast changing environment.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Build a command of strategic positioning. Gain expertise in strategic positioning, including competition with new entrants and growth.
- Reassess asset management and private banking. Explore and anticipate the future of asset management and private banking.
- Master big data and digital banking strategies. Learn to use big data, social media and digital banking to develop new ideas for cultivating customer-centricity.
- Enhance your skills in value creation and risk control (ALM). Using simulation that recreates an international banking environment, you will perfect your skills in long-term value creation and risk control.
- Discuss strategy implementation and trust. Understand the common pitfalls in strategy implementation and learn how to make it happen.
Strategic Management in Banking is a nine-day programme designed to help senior banking executives and board members reassess their strategies, given the rapid changes in banking – including ultra-low interest rates, Basel 3 regulations on capital and liquidity, and the opportunities and threats of big data, social media and digital banking. You will discuss relevant issues such as: options for strategic positioning after the global financial crisis; the use of big data; and digital disruption to deepen relationships in both retail and private banking; asset and liability management; and discuss strategy implementation and trust.
The Strategic Management in Banking programme draws on more than 30 years of research organised by the Centre for International Financial Services, a long-standing partnership between INSEAD and selected financial institutions. You will learn through financial institution case studies, group discussion and classroom teaching in the following key areas.
THE FUTURE OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
- Competitive analysis of the banking industry
- Organic growth versus acquisition
- International banking
- Digital disruption
- Basel 3, and special resolution regimes with bail-in debt
- Product design and performance
- Private banking
- Corporate and investment banking
- Universal banking vs. specialised banking
- Value-Based Management
- Profit centres and performance evaluation
- FTP and economic capital allocation
- Control of credit and market risks
MARKETING OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Big data and customer analytics
- Social media
- Digital banking
The ALCO Challenge is a computer simulation designed at INSEAD to recreate an international banking environment. Participants perform the simulation in teams, each team forming an Asset-Liability Committee to test and perfect their skills. The ALCO Challenge incorporates the latest financial techniques in profitability and risk management, taking into account the effects of taxation and Basel 3 capital and liquidity regulations.
The ALCO Challenge has five main educational objectives:
- Value creation
- Strategic pricing
- Risk management
Who should attend
The programme is designed specifically for senior bankers, including board members, responsible for retail, corporate, capital markets and international banking.