About the course
Designed with women in mind, Simmons' innovative Strategic Leadership for Women Certificate will give you the skills you need to become an influential leader and decision maker in your organization.
This 5 day intensive program is designed specifically for mid-senior level managers, women advancing to more senior positions, and for high potential women managers.
As a participant, you will:
- Come to understand your personal leadership style and identify ways to strengthen your practices
- Understand how strategic mentoring and networking can impact your career and the careers of others in your organization
- Receive personal coaching on specific leadership issues, challenges, and career aspirations
- Develop career strategies, including an action plan that allows you to create the conditions for your own success
This is a highly interactive program that uses a variety of methodologies, including:
- 360° leadership assessment tool to receive and analyze feedback
- Personal executive coaching on specific leadership issues, challenges, and career aspirations
- "Live" cases and other exercises that allow you to interact with the material and put your skills into practice
- Group problem solving and experience sharing
- Formal instruction based on our extensive research into what makes women leaders successful
- Structured personal reflection
- Best practices for strengthening your network combined with the opportunity to network with other women leaders
- Action planning to create a roadmap for success
- Laying the Foundation
- Exploring Leadership Potential
- Peer Coaching
- Reception and Dinner
- Communication Strategies
- Women and Vision
- Executive Coaching
- Offsite Dinner and Leadership Team Conversations
- Building Your Strategic Network
- Gender and Leadership
- Leadership Support Teams
- Free Night
- Leading High Performing Teams
- Understanding and Using Power
- Celebration Dinner
- Strategic Path to Leadership
- Program Close
Mary Shapiro is the author of The HBR Guide to Leading Teams, which captures the strategies and stories from 25 years of working with teams. For more than 25 years, she has served as an Organizational Behavior faculty at Simmons University, an executive trainer, and a consultant to public and pri...
Stacy Blake-Beard is a Professor of Management at the Simmons School of Management where she teaches Organizational Behavior. She is also Faculty Affiliate at the Center for Gender in Organizations at Simmons and Visiting Faculty at the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, India. Prior to join...
Education D.B.A., Harvard Business School; M.B.A., University of Kansas; B.A., Law, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia I joined Simmons faculty in 2008, after earning a D.B.A. in Management from the Harvard Business School, an M.B.A. from the University of Kansas, and a B.A. in Law from the Un...
Patricia H. Deyton is a Professor of Practice of Business and a Senior Associate of the Center for Gender in Organizations (CGO), the internationally recognized research Center at Simmons addressing gender, diversity and organizational effectiveness. She previously was the Associate Dean of the ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.