Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
One key characteristic of successful leaders is their ability to think critically and make strategic decisions based on an understanding of essential business and leadership practices.
This program is designed for both experienced managers and high potential leaders from across all levels of the organization, including those who are:
- Working towards a more senior position;
- Taking on enhanced leadership responsibilities within their organizations;
- Moving from one functional area into a broader organizational role;
- Developing into a role that requires a more strategic outlook.
About the course
Shift your focus from day-to-day tasks to thinking more strategically while simultaneously becoming a more effective, resilient and dynamic leader
The Strategic Leadership Development Program has been thoughtfully designed to provide an integrated and elevated learning experience. Throughout this program new skills, knowledge and behaviours are learned and applied through immediate integration in the workplace.
This program blends self-directed online modules with live, interactive online workshops. Sessions are deliberately spaced to allow sufficient time to digest materials, to practice concepts and tools, and to discuss ideas with colleagues. The module themes alternate between strategic and leadership topics. Between live sessions, learning engagement activities provide continuity and connectivity. The interwoven topics and activities are built into a flexible frame, with a mentored Action Learning Project and Personal Leadership Development Plan providing structure around the program’s themes.
The learning journey
Throughout the Strategic Leadership Development Program strategy and leadership topics are intentionally intertwined, with each week’s theme building off of what has come before. The Action Learning Project and Personal Leadership Development components provide structure and cohesion to the program, resulting in an integrated and elevated learning experience.
Learn to think like an executive and reap the benefits of strategic thinking:
- Become a more effective leader, strategic thinker and agent of change within your organization;
- Contribute to your organization’s future direction through enhanced strategic thinking;
- Lead change within your organization through the immediate application of newly acquired ideas, tools and templates;
- Complete a professionally meaningful and relevant project with guided support and mentorship to provide significant return on investment to your organization;
- Discuss personal goal setting and problem-solving techniques in one-on-one coaching sessions with an executive coach, enabling you to develop a pragmatic plan for your leadership practice;
- Build a business network while learning from peers across various industries and Haskayne’s most experienced professionals.
Complete a work-based project that creates value for your organization
A critical success measure of the Strategic Leadership Development Program is ensuring that what is learned is applied to real, relevant and timely business issues and opportunities. The Action Learning Project (ALP) process is designed to provide an opportunity for you to practically apply program content, assess knowledge gained and drive action through critical thinking and effective communication. In addition, ALPs produce a tangible outcome for you and your organization.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.