Who should attend
- Key Account Managers
- Customer Relationship Managers
- Sales Executives
- Business Development Managers
About the course
A customer who has an exponential impact on revenue and profits and can influence an organisation’s ability to compete effectively can be termed as a Strategic Account. As such, B2B & B2C organisations areincreasingly discovering the importance of protecting, and growing the relationship with identified Strategic Accounts. This workshop is designed to provide a conceptual framework for understanding strategic customer relationships as well as tools for designing and implementing a Strategic Accounts Management (SAM) programme.
- Strategic Account : A Definition
- Selecting and Classifying Strategic Accounts
- Resourcing for Strategic Account Management
- Strategic Account Planning and Selling to Executives
- Relationship Development and Navigating Politics with Key Officers & Executives in Strategic Account Management
- Selling to Executives
- Leveraging Marketing to Support Strategic Marketing Initiatives
- Customer Service as Competitive Advantage in Managing Key Accounts
- Use of Technology as a Key Account Management Strategy Enabler
- Managing Key Accounts in a Challenging Economy- Domestic and Global
- Team Approach to Building and Managing Key Accounts
Key Learning Outcomes
- Build business acumen
- Develop a strategic perspective on sales and customer relationships
- Optimize strategic account sales team
- Understand what drives strategic account decisions
- Deal with the various decision makers and influencers in the customer’s field of play
- Understand the politics that impact client decisions
- Identify the unique sales profile needed for executive selling
- Develop a strategy that will build greater customer loyalty and help protect the account from competition
- Improve strategic account team performance
- Recognize and overcome pressure tactics
- Create an action plan that will increase their chances of success
- Negotiate large contracts
- How to sale to executives
- Uncover strategies to win clients for life
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
Louis I. Nzegwu is Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the International Business Resource Center (IBRC) at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville (UWP). He is a visiting Professor of Marketing at the Lagos Business School of the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, Nigeria. He teaches...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.