Who should attend
This programme will benefit:
- Key Account Managers
- Customer relationship managers
- Sales Executives
- Business Development Managers
About the course
Key Account Management (KAM) is an innovative approach used by business-to-business suppliers to manage customer relationships; however, it can end up a massive flop if not effectively implemented. This programme is designed to provide a conceptual framework for implementing a strategic KAM to help build and manage relationships.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
Participants on the programme will gain knowledge to:
- Increase depth within key accounts
- Develop a strategic perspective on sales and customer relationships
- Optimise strategic account sales team
- Recognise and overcome pressure tactics
- Understand what drives strategic account decisions
- Create and implement an action plan that will increase chances of success
- Improve efficiency and time management
- Develop profitable long term relationships
- Position Account Managers as Strategic Advisors
- Introduction to Key Account Management fundamentals
- Developing and implementing a Strategic Account Management (SAM) Programme
- Innovation and sustainability of Key Account Programmes
- Strategic accounts: A definition
- Optimising your strategic account sales team
- Selecting and classifying strategic accounts
- Strategic account plans
- Sales opportunity management
- SAM and global accounts
- Relationship development and navigating politics with key officers
- Leveraging marketing to support SAM initiatives
- Applying technology in Strategic Account Management
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
Louis I. Nzegwu is Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the International Business Resource Center (IBRC) at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville (UWP). He is a visiting Professor of Marketing at the Lagos Business School of the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, Nigeria. He teaches...
With close to 3 decades of business leadership & management experience in multi national organizations like Hewlett Packard and Microsoft, Oliver brings with him a wealth of experience helping clients to understand and navigate the intricate fields of developing effective business teams. He ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.