Who should attend
This OXFORD training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- HR Business Partners
- Learning & Development Staff
- Human Resources (HR) Staff at all levels
- Staff who need to be competent in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Anyone who needs to understand the workings of the modern HR Department
About the course
This innovative OXFORD Strategic HR Management for Police Organisations training course examines how to master the critical areas Strategic Human Resources Management (SHRM) with a particular focus on Police Organisations. SHRM is very important in the police organization because police officers deal with the people of the community as a visible symbol of government. Police HRM is complex and demanding because it involves the management of the police both on and off duty and the management of uniformed and civilian staff.
The essence of a dynamic SHRM system is getting effective optimum results not only in the short run but also in the long run through building and maintaining a satisfied, motivated and productive human organization.
This course will show HR professionals how they can contribute to the business at a strategic level and become a real partner in the organisation. This exciting course will bring you up to date on the latest techniques and approaches that are appropriate for the efficient management of human capital, with particular emphasis on the strategic initiatives.
This training course will highlight:
- Best practices in HRM systems, methods, and services
- Training, Learning and Career Development in a Police Organisation
- Employee Reward and how it influences employee performance
- The importance of two-way resourcing and recruitment for Police in both the Civilian and Uniformed workforce
- Performance Management in a Police Environment
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of strategic human resource management
- Formulate a plan to transform strategic requirements into HR objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of employee resourcing, recruitment & reward
- Understand performance management in a multi-cultural environment
- Illustrate examples of best practices in managing people
This Strategic HR Management for Police Organisations training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. It includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience course-related activities. Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, case studies, exercises, and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning.
This training course will have a positive impact on the organisation in the following ways:
- Enhanced human capital management
- Staff promoting learning and development in the organisation
- Build organisational learning company-wide
- Improved employee engagement
- Increased use of appropriate training methods throughout the organisation
- Improved employee relations
By attending this exciting training course, the participants will develop practical and transferable skills in:
- The new areas of HR critical to the job
- Human Capital Management
- Strategic HR
- Employee Reward, Resourcing, & Development
- Learning psychology and learning and development practices
- Ongoing professional development
DAY 1 Strategic Human Resource Management
- Understanding Human Capital
- The Development of Strategic HR
- SHRM in Police Organisations – How is it different?
- The Transformation of HR
- PESTLE Analysis and SHRM
DAY 2 People Resourcing in the Police
- Recruiting as a Two-way Process
- Specialist Resourcing Needs of Police
- Choosing the Appropriate Selection Methodology
- Use of Psychometrics in Selection
- Assessment Centres – State of the Art Selection
DAY 3 Performance Management & Reward
- Performance Management in Police Organisations
- Making Performance Appraisal Work
- Efficient Use of Feedback
- Understanding Compensation & Benefits
- Implementing Total Reward
DAY 4 Development in Police Organisations
- The Talent Management Model
- The Training Cycle
- How Adults Learn: Andragogy
- What are the best ways to train people?
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness (Cost Benefits Analysis & ROI)
DAY 5 Empowerment, Engagement and Change
- The Context for Change in Police Organisations
- Managing change or leading change?
- Employee Engagement & Empowerment
- Retaining Valued Employees
- Personal Action Planning
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.