Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals in a business-to-business or business-to-government setting for technology commercialization, including engineers, marketers, managers, entrepreneurs, scientists and researchers, project teams, team leaders, proposal managers, technologists, designers, commercialization and sales specialists, and anyone who wants to hone their skills in market-oriented growth.
About the course
There’s an unwritten history of medicine. It’s filled with breakthroughs that could have changed patients’ lives that were never realized because companies couldn’t see their potential and withheld funding. With strategic marketing skills, scientists and medical engineers have a unique advantage that will help avoid this pitfall and drive forward the next big ideas in biomedicine.
Level up your abilities with Strategic Biomedical Marketing, a hybrid on-demand course with live, personalized coaching. As a collaborative effort between Caltech and Biocom Institute, this is your step-by-step guide to the defined process for developing a successful strategic marketing plan. You will build your own product or commercialization plan with practical tools and expert feedback during this workshop-like course.
Ideal for life science professionals without a graduate education in marketing, participants get a concentrated masterclass in the critical components necessary to create and sell well-articulated ideas internally and externally. Start today and cultivate a toolbox that will be an asset for the rest of your career.
Strategic Biomedical Marketing is an unparalleled experience developed from our tailored client-centered workshops with life science and precision engineering leadership teams.
- Cohort-based, 20-hour program, open over six weeks to go as fast or paced as you like
- Live kick-off event and mid-course reviews with the instruction team
- Private, personalized coaching with the instructors for work product feedback and a greater understanding of content (30 minutes)
- Dynamic worksheets and tools to help you apply learnings and produce work products along the way
We have thoughtfully designed the course to focus on the most impactful components in planning, such as:
- Generative insights into customers, influencers, and stakeholders
- Actionable market segmentation based on buying behavior
- Landscape dynamics of competitors and industry actors
- Structured choices affecting the attractiveness and ability to win in a chosen market
- Prioritization and laser-focused opportunity selection
- Benefit ladders for products, systems, and business models
- Cogent value propositions, strategic pricing, and messaging
In addition to gaining a new community of colleagues, as an alumnus of the course, you will retain access to the biomedical-focused interactive toolkit for the full year, the Caltech CTME Circle LinkedIn alumni group, and invitations to exclusive Biocom-Caltech CTME events.
You will learn how to:
- Develop a strategic mindset and common language
- Identify actionable customer segmentation to help uncover untapped market opportunities
- Prioritize opportunities and establish metrics of success
- Utilize a practical roadmap and set of planning tools (similar to Six Sigma and agile)
- Evaluate products and projects that should be developed or terminated
- Develop an effective marketing plan with clear go-to-market actions
- Establish innovative branding for products, platforms, or business categories
- Create compelling positioning and full-solution value propositions that address customer needs and differentiates products and services better than alternatives
- Create value-based pricing strategies to increase business profits
- Successfully launch new products and services in new or existing markets
- Business Challenges
- Influence Mapping
- Benefits Ladder
- Ability to Win
- Differential Advantage
- Value Propositions
Mary Abbazia is a strategic marketing expert, TEDx speaker, co-author of The Accidental Marketer, and leads Caltech CTME programs for technology marketing. She is managing director of Impact Planning Group, where she coaches virtual and live workshops for Fortune 1000 technology companies. She le...
A clear communicator, forward-thinking strategist, and high-energy facilitator, Tom Spitale has spent the past 25 years demystifying the keys to successful marketing strategies for his executive clients in the semiconductor, hi-tech, and medical product sectors. He guides some of the world's most...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.