Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
You will benefit from the Strategic Account Management programme if you are a:
- strategic account manager
- strategic account team member
- account executive or senior account manager
- sales manager or sales director responsible for maintaining and growing business with strategic customers
- global account manager, key account manager, or international account manager
- manager in a business development role.
About the course
Your key customers are smarter and more sophisticated than ever. They need – and want – a savvy partner with the ability to work effectively across regions, business units and functions. During our three-day Strategic Account Management programme, you will learn how to manage your customer relationships in this new context, with confidence.
During the programme, designed by RSM Executive Education and the Account Management Center (AMC), you will investigate the role of strategic account management, and learn practical skills to bring of strategic account management to your company. This includes differentiating between strategic customers and other important customers, understanding how customers select their suppliers, how to create value with customers, and how to implement a plan for managing accounts strategically.
During the programme, you will:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of strategic account management challenges from internal and external perspectives
- learn the analytical, strategic and interpersonal skills required to manage key customers in a tough climate, including how to better recognise and define customer issues, and how to effectively communicate key messages across your customers’ organisations
- develop your own action plan, tailored to your business situation
- receive coaching from leading professors and executives from top multinationals
- share the latest knowledge and experiences with peers, and extend your professional network.
Javier is an inspiring management educator, researcher and consultant with 20 years of experience working in academia, consultancy and in multinational corporations. He holds positions as Senior Industrial Fellow at the University of Cambridge IfM ECS, and Visiting Fellow at Cranfield School of ...
Nicolaas Smit is a visiting faculty member at RSM, a teacher in St. Gallen University’s Executive Education programmes, senior consultant at the Account Management Center, and founder of Rebellution organisation renewal consultancy. Prior to this, Nicolaas served as global marketing and business ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.