Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Experienced Sales and Key Account Executives who wish to broaden and update their skills and knowledge in order to manage key relationships appropriately and profitably.
- Senior Sales Directors and Managers.
- Key Account Directors and Managers.
- Business Development Directors and Managers.
- Commercial Directors and Managers.
About the course
Cranfield's proven process for managing key accounts profitably. We have taken the lead in Europe for key account management research.
For the past twenty years, Cranfield has pioneered the development of the discipline in Key Account Management (KAM). We are confident that no other programme provider in Europe knows more to help you leverage key account relationships for longer term profits.
Our KAM Best Practice programme is based on processes and tools developed by many world leading businesses with supply chain at the heart of their delivery model and who are members of Cranfield’s KAM Best Practice Research Club.
Before these processes and tools are accepted into our programme curriculum we test and fine tune them, a process that can take years. The results are worthwhile. You will gain powerful insights that, once applied, will improve your key account profitability.
This flagship programme shows you how to adopt a practical approach to planning, analysing and implementing a closer relationship with your strategic accounts. Delivering our most recently developed insights, you will comprehensively explore and analyse your strategic customers to:
- Identify and prioritise key accounts to measure their profitability.
- Develop customer-focused strategies.
- Create powerful value propositions that deepen customer relationships.
What you will learn
You will gain:
Joining an experienced group of fellow KAM practitioners, you will gain:
- State of art knowledge and tools for creating an effective key account management process.
- Strategic understanding on how to focus your time and attention appropriately in the development of key accounts.
- Improved collaboration skills with key customers.
Your organisation will gain:
- Capability to deliver more profitable key account management for every strategic customer.
- Alignment of key account management processes with business strategy.
- A more knowledgeable and effective key account team.
- An improved understanding of your customers and better long-term relationships.
- An immediate business impact through the creation of a strategic plan for your most valuable customer (chosen by you).
Taught by a faculty with extensive experience in business, you will benefit from the creative practices of your industry peer cohort working in a range of sectors.
The pragmatic design of the programme curriculum walks you through the creation of a three year key account plan for your chosen customer. The goal is to create a plan ready for immediate implementation to share with confidence to colleagues prior to launch.
During the programme you will:
- Develop and apply a strategic key account plan for a specific customer.
- Benefit from peer group input, challenges and support.
- Gain a rare opportunity to network and exchange best practice with industry peers and subject experts.
- Be exposed to the latest thinking in key account management.
Key account Strategy and Customer Understanding
- World Class Key Account Management (KAM)
- The Relationship Development Model (RDM)
- Managing the Key Account Portfolio
- Understanding the customer’s world
KAM Strategies, Mapping and Value Propositions
- Developing KAM strategies
- Relationship Mapping
- Breakthrough value propositions
KAM Teams, The Customer’s View and Negotiation
- KAM Plan Surgery and feedbacks
- The Key Account Manager and Effective KAM teams
- Effective KAM Teams exercise
- The Buyer’s Perspective
- Negotiating with Key Accounts
Sue Holt is involved in lecturing, research and consultancy in a number of key areas of marketing. Her main interests lie in the fields of global and key account management, customer relationship marketing and business-to-business marketing and she has worked with many different organisations in ...
Mark began his career as a Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineer, working in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Industries, in a number of roles varying from Senior Project Engineer to Head of Engineering for a Contract Manufacturer. He was a Leadership Team Member of the RP Scherer "Zydis" P...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.