About the course
Why This Program?
The ability to speak with clarity, conviction and influence is critical to leadership. To be truly effective, leaders must be able to inspire action every time they speak - from formal and informal presentations to conference calls, one-on-one conversations, impromptu discussions and Q&A sessions. In this program, you will explore a communications approach that will enable you to present your ideas so that others are inspired to act on them. You will work with an experienced communication coach from the Humphrey Group Inc., who will guide you to speak with a clear message, persuasive structure, and compelling language. To ingrain your learning, the program includes hands-on presentation workshops in formal, informal and off-the-cuff situations. Your skill development will be enhanced by videotaped feedback and guidance by your communications coach.
Upon completion of this program, you will strengthen your ability to:
- Approach communication with the intent to inspire action
- Speak with clarity and conviction in every interaction
- Communicate a powerful message that reflects their leadership thinking
- Support their message using a clear, logical structure
- Close with a clear call to action
- Display the presence, both physical and verbal, of a leader
- Plan effectively for critical conversations
- Structure your thinking on the fly in impromptu discussions
Maggie is a Consultant based in Toronto. She is a highly talented and committed coach and instructor. Since joining The Humphrey Group in 2003, Maggie has worked with a broad range of clients to strengthen their communication skills. Maggie has coached and led seminars and workshops across Canada...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.