Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Professionals engaged in continuous improvement in their organization or who are selected to lead or participate as an effective member of a Six Sigma project team will benefit from this certificate program.
About the course
In today’s competitive business environment, many companies have implemented a Six Sigma program to enable continuous improvement of their products and processes using very structured and quantitative methods. Six Sigma Black Belts are asked to continuously manage and improve these projects through their extensive knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies. The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate Program is a 12-week online program designed for experienced practitioners who wish to develop the critical skills required for a black belt certificate. This includes training in statistical analysis, financial analysis, problem solving and project management. During the program you will work on a project that will provide you with an opportunity to utilize these new skills. The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate provides a solid foundation for those who plan to take the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam and earn the designation of ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).
You will be capable of leading continuous improvement projects by applying the Six Sigma problem solving process and statistical methods.
Specifically, upon completion of the program, you will:
- Explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles
- Have a fundamental understanding of the project management techniques
- Understand the basic elements of define, measure, analyze, improve, and control
- Comprehend the lean concepts for waste elimination
- Calculate the solutions for a variety of statistical methods including sampling plans, statistical process control, probability, process capability, regression, correlation and hypothesis testing
- Understand how to perform a design of experiments
- Identify how team management applies to Six Sigma
- Explain the parts of the quality function deployment model
- Evaluate a failure mode and effects analysis chart
The topics covered include:
- Six Sigma principles and best practices
- Enterprise-wide deployment of Six Sigma
- Enterprise leadership
- Process management
- Performance measures
- Team management
- Decision-making tools
- Planning tools
- DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) methodology
- Voice of customer
- Project management
- Process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Failure modes and effects analysis
- Design of experiments
- Lean principles and waste elimination
- Theory of constraints
- Risk analysis
- Statistical process control
- Design for Six Sigma
- Robust design
Adjunct Professor in Supply Chain at Illinois Institute of Technology (Teach Supply Chain Strategy) and at UW Platteville (Teach International Supply Chain). I also teach APICS CSCP for DePaul University and for the Chicago Chapter of APICS.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.