Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Those who have already started a company and want to take it to the next level using accelerated growth.
- Entrepreneurs who are thinking about starting their venture and want to be aware of the transition between start-up and scale-up to foresee potential issues.
- Investors considering investments in early-stage start-ups seeking to understand the challenges faced during the scaling phase.
- Venture capitalists wanting to broaden their knowledge and evaluation criteria to understand the scale up stage of enterprise growth.
About the course
Today’s entrepreneurial ecosystem has already embraced startups, making it possible for just about anybody to start a company. The real question is: Can you scale? When you reach 50 employees and €1 million in revenue, then what? Join us for an eye-opening and transformative experience created by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and small business owners/managers to increase your chances of scaling for success. We will give you the expertise to design and implement a successful scaleup strategy that will allocate your business’ resources correctly to obtain long-term growth and exponential profits.
WHAT WILL YOUR LEARN IN THIS PROGRAM?
- Critically asses your situation in the start-up/scaleup spectrum and adapt your company accordingly.
- Identify your perfect customer is and why they want to buy your product or service.
- Take advantage of risk and run towards it in order to take advantage of one of the main drivers of successful scaling: exponentially.
- Create and manage your company’s culture.
- Apply insights, frameworks, and proven practices from other disciplines of management to understand how growth occurs and how to manage it.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- Identify your situation in the startup to scale up stage, and adapt your company accordingly.
- Take advantage of risk and be able to run towards it, so you can also take advantage of one of the main drivers of successful scaling: exponentiality.
- Learn from other disciplines of management how growth occurs, and how to manage it.
- Create and manage the culture for your company. There’s always a culture, the question is whether you design it or it happens by accident.
MODULE 0: INTRODUCTION
Receive an overview of program expectations, schedule learning materials, and outputs. Review tips needed to lead to the successful completion of the course.
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING SCALE-UPS
All you need to know about making the separation from what you have done in the pre-growth stage, versus what you need to do in the scaleup phase and the mindset required.
MODULE 2: PRODUCT & MARKET
Understand how your company makes money and where to set your focus as you enter exponential growth. Understand how companies like Zappos have identified the importance of customer service and shifted it from a cost-driver into a source of competitive advantage.
MODULE 3: OPERATIONS AND EXECUTION
After generating the demand, learn how to fulfil orders and keep your growth in order from an operations standpoint to help you increase profits. Identify useful dashboards and KPIs to measure, and discover a new way of thinking of venture capital.
MODULE 4: CULTURE AND TEAM
All companies have cultures, whether designed by the founders or formed in a vacuum. Know what to keep in mind to make the best use of your company’s culture.
MODULE 5: A LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Discover useful resources to continue your learning journey.
Professor Joe Haslam is the Executive Director of the Owners Scaleup Program at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. This is a program specially designed for small and medium sized companies that want to scale. He is also the presenter of the High Impact Online Program “Scaleup! How to Successful...
Videos and materials
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Venture capital
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.