Root Cause Analysis
Ready to get to the root of it all? This course helps you find the key causes of recurring problems within your organization and to identify optimum solutions. In the Root Cause Analysis course, you will discover techniques to define the problem, determine the situation, analyze data, select the best solution, and evaluate improvement and follow-up results.
What You Will Learn
- The team approach
- Root cause
- Six problem-solving steps
- ISO 9001 requirements
- How to elimnate chronic problems
How You Will Benefit
- Notice fewer recurring problems within your organization.
- Come to find fewer production delays.
- Make decisions based on facts, not opinions.
- Gain support for corrective and preventive action.
- Develop a clear understanding to controlled condictions for your resources.
DEFINE THE PROBLEM
- How to identify current state when problem occurs
- How to engage the operator in defining the out-of-control conditions
- How to establish the facts
DETERMINE THE BASELINE
- How to collect documents and other criteria for what should have happened
- How to evaluate a controlled state
ANALYZE THE FACTS
- How to review the potential causes for nonconformance
- How to engage the process owners by brainstorming potential root causes
- How to put the resulting analyses into a Pareto Chart to see the trends
DETERMINE THE BEST SOLUTION
- Members of the problem solving team will discuss and vote on the most likely root cause
- How to develop a plan to move forward with the action items
IMPLEMENT AND FOLLOW UP
- How to make sure the action items are implemented
- How to change the necessary baseline -- typically requires review and update of controlled documents
- How to audit to make sure changes are sustainable
Who should attend
This course is designed for quality managers, vice presidents, industrial engineers, operations managers, plant managers, plant engineers, and manufacturing and company auditors.