Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior leaders and executives who wish to transition into general management or functional lead roles
About the course
Set yourself apart and gain the necessary skills to lead cross-functional teams and business initiatives. As a participant in our Rice Advanced Management Program, you’ll expand your knowledge to create and implement effective corporate strategies, develop greater awareness of economic drivers and establish yourself as an effective change agent in your organization. You’ll spend two one-week sessions separated by a one-month intersession during which you’ll begin practical application of the concepts learned. Your newly acquired skills combined with executive coaching will propel your career and your organization forward.
- Enhance self-awareness to improve leadership impact
- Learn to analyze context to identify behaviors associated with exceptional executive leadership
- Enhance ability to lead and develop high performing teams and individuals
- Understand organizational culture and key leadership challenges associated with leading through culture
- Learn to conduct strategic analysis of industry and organization and identify opportunities for growth
- Learn the language of corporate finance and financial accounting and improve financial decision making
- Lead enterprise-level change and execute strategy
- Improve strategic decision making by identifying cognitive, social, and emotional biases that affect judgment
- Create personal development plans with support of an executive coach
Prashant Kale is Associate Professor of Strategic Management at the Jesse H. Jones School of Business, Rice University. Prior to Rice he was faculty at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan and he has also been visiting faculty at the Wharton School, the Kellogg School of Management...
Brian Rountree is a tenured Associate Professor of Accounting at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University. He earned his PhD in accounting from the University of North Carolina in 2003. He also holds a bachelors degree (summa cum laude) in accounting from Babson College and...
Professor Brent Smith, Ph.D. is currently Senior Associate Dean of the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University. Prior to his current academic appointments, he was a member of the faculty at London Business School and Cornell University where he taught in the School of Industrial and ...
Dr. Vikas Mittal is the J. Hugh Liedtke Professor of Marketing at the Jones Graduate School of Business. Prior to joining Jones, he was the Thomas Marshall Professor of Marketing at the Katz Graduate School of Management. Dr. Mittal holds a Bachelor''s in Business Administration from the Universi...
Jing Zhou is Houston Endowment Professor of Management, and Director for Asian Management Research and Education at the Jones Graduate School of Business of Rice University. She is an associate editor of Journal of Applied Psychology, a top scholarly journal in the field of management. She is a S...
James P. Weston is a professor of finance at Rice University. He joined the Jones Business School faculty in 2000 aftercompleting his Ph.D. in economics at the University of Virginia. James’ teaching interests focus mainly on corporate finance and financial institutions. He has taught popular cou...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.