About the course
Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits provides an in depth exploration of two important aspects of financial planning. You’ll learn the various alternatives available in planning for retirement, including qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and social security. You’ll also study the advantages and costs of employee benefit plans, including non-pension benefits.
This 11-week course is the fourth module in the Financial Planning Certificate Program and is offered throughout the year on DePaul's Loop campus and online.
The topics covered in this course account for approximately 25% of the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Retirement needs analysis
- Social Security- Old Age, Survivor and Disability Insurance (OASDI)
- Types of retirement plans
- Qualified plan rules and options
- Other tax-advantaged retirement plans
- Regulatory considerations
- Plan selection for businesses (key factors affecting selection)
- Investment considerations for retirement plans
- Distribution rules, alternatives and taxation
- Employee benefit plans
- Employee stock options
- Stock plans
- Non-qualified deferred compensation
- Employer/employee insurance arrangements
Jef’s main priority is to provide investment and financial planning services tailored to the unique wants and needs of those he serves. With more than 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, he is determined to deliver the kind of guidance that his clients not only want, but de...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.