Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is recommended to all senior and middle maintenance, reliability, engineering and technical support staff especially including leadership and management.
About the course
Increased economic pressures have forced the maintainer to become more cost conscious. Further, the application of new technology and the implementation of new business practises mean that effective maintenance of plant and equipment requires ever-greater technical and managerial skill.
Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) & Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) are proven cost effective strategies for maintenance and achieve sharper maintenance policies, slimmer budgets, increased availability and a more motivated workforce. To ensure companies realise optimum maintenance they need to adopt strategies that maximise availability and safety and minimise operating cost.
These strategies can be delivered using RCM & TPM and this course will show you exactly how.
## Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the program will expose the maintenance and production personnel to understand the concept of RCM and TPM. The following advantages of RCM are ensured to the participants:
- Maintenance strategy optimization
- Extension of equipment life span
- Elimination of chronic machine problems
- Root Cause Analysis
- No preventive maintenance tasks to be performed unless it can be justified
- Recognize TPM
Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Introduction of RCM
- RMA (Reliability, Maintenance and Availability) Concepts
- Functional Criticality Analysis
- RCM Stages and Tools – RCM, FMEA, FMECA, Road Map
Total Productive Maintenance
- TPM Overview – Breaking down Barrier, Hidden Losses, Cultural Change, New Mind-set
- TPM Initiation – Philosophy of Awareness, Improvement Program Study, Setting up Pilot Project
- TPM Planning – Agree & Assign Accountability, Design Zoning Policy, Critical Equipment Analysis
- TPM Action – Tagging, Cando Procedures and Standards, KPI, Develop Focus Project, Discipline Communication, Analytical Problem Solving, TPM Consolidation (Institutionalizing Practices, Personal Development Review)
Business Process Re-Engineering
- BPR Overview – Functional Orientation, Losses, Methodology, Customer and Expectations
- Customer Expectations – Types of Customer, Core customer, Typical Expectations, Establishing Expectations, Objectives Measures and Targets
- Identifying Primary Process, Selecting Re-Engineering Projects, Mapping Activities
- Business Process Re-Engineering – Re-Engineering Process, Relational Mapping, Characteristics, Re-Engineering Principles, Issues, Process Assumptions and Constraints and testing
Applications & Implementation, Continuous Improvement
- Closed Loop Control
- Targets and trending
- Problem Solving
- Integrated Team
- Project Management
- Key Success Factor
Getting Started – Assessment of Improvement potential,
- Plant Downtime Analysis
- Chronic and Acute Failures
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Statistical Process Control
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.