Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
The next step for business analytics students is to gain an opportunity to use the free software R to perform statistical computing. In this hands-on course, you will be introduced to data manipulation and visualization using the R language, primarily working with a set of packages knows as the tidyverse. At the end of this course you should be able to subset large datasets, apply functions to those subsets, fit simple linear and generalized linear models, and visualize the results in a publication-ready format.
Course at a glance
- Aimed at mid-level managers who are involved with data analysis and the analytics needs within their organization.
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- A hands-on course with plenty of opportunity for students to write and execute R code on their own laptops.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of the R programming language.
- Understand the essentials of working in R and R Studio.
- Identify data structures and types.
- Have an introductory understanding of data manipulation and visualization using R.
- Be familiar with tidyverse packages.
- Understand the tidyverse data science workflow.
- Carry out basic statistical calculations.
- Identify tools to visualize and interpret statistical output.
- Understand the meaning of statistical output.
- Visualize results in a publication-ready format.
- Students are required to bring a laptop; R and R Studio will be downloaded in class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
Stefan Schreiber is a registered professional biologist and researcher with over 15 years of academic training in designing field experiments, data analysis, and interpretation of scientific results. He is the owner of EnviroStats Solutions Inc., a company focused on fast and rigorous environment...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.