Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with New York Institute of Finance.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This course will teach you the essential elements of R to build practically useful applications and conduct data analysis for finance.
This course is a component of the Data Analysis and Programming for Finance Professional Certificate.
- Basic probability and statistics
- Some familiarity with financial securities and derivatives
- Elementary differential and integral calculus
MODULE 1: R BASICS
- The IDE: RStudio
- R syntax
- R objects: vectors, matrices, arrays, data frames and lists
- Flow control: branching, looping and truth testing
- Importing and manipulating data
- Plotting with R
MODULE 1: DATA ANALYSIS WITH R
- Manipulating data frames
- Descriptive statistics
- Inference and time series analysis
MODULE 2: R APPLICATIONS
- Regression analysis
- Volatility modeling
- Risk management: VaR and ES
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn the basic elements of programming in R
- Learn essential data analysis concepts and techniques for finance
- Build realistic applications for finance using Monte Carlo and finite difference techniques, including an American option pricer
Who should attend
- financial engineers and anyone seeking to become a better financial modeler. While not essential a modest amount of prior programming experience will be beneficial. Some familiarity with financial instruments will be advantageous.