Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This Oxford training course is targeting suitable to a wide range of Public Sector, Government and Non-Government Officials, involved at various levels and different stages of the Policy making Process:
- Ministerial & Ministerial Committee Levels
- Governing Body & CEO Levels
- Executive Management and Directors
- Senior Management and Middle Management
- Senior Officers
About the course
This Oxford Public Policy, Governance & Administration training course is a must have class introducing the fundamentals of public policy being the main instrument to respond to diverse public problems which appear to be increasing in quantity and complexity.
This Oxford training course provides you with a general overview of the three main aspects of public policy:
The first aspect, public policy studies will examine the basic concepts of this term to better understand why governments do what they do.
The second aspect, public policy analysis will focus on introducing the various approaches to policy making, including public policy theories, ideologies and contexts thus having a better understanding of what governments do.
The third aspect, public policy development process will discuss the stages of the policy-making cycle, and will increase your awareness on policy implementation steps and how governments do what they do.
This Oxford training course will enable participants to relate the public policy process to the public administration structure in place as well as the governance framework implemented thus appreciating the integration required to ensure the effectiveness in-between the three arrangements.
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the basic concepts and key terms of Public Policy
- Assess the positioning of Public Policy as a social science
- Explore different Public Policy ideologies and contexts
- Recognize the primary components of the Public Policy process
- Appreciate the inter-relation of Public Policy, Public Administration and Governance
- Outline the major challenges facing Policy Making
- Introduction to Public Policy
- What is Public Policy, Basic Concepts of Public Policy
- Public Policy Theories, Ideologies and Contexts
- Public Policy Positioning
- Public Policy Development Process
- Features of Good Public Policy
- Public Governance, Public Administration
- Governance in the Public Sector, Principles of Good Governance
- Governance Framework
- Public Management Structure, New Public Management
- Public Policy, Governance and Administration Interplay
- Public Policy and Politics
- Do Policies determine Politics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.