Who should attend
A background in construction or Eengineering is not required. This programme is highly recommended for:
- Project managers
- Housing SACCOs
- Construction industry service providers
- Quantity surveyors
- Property managers
About the course
The need to successfully manage a construction project is no longer a luxury but a necessity. The construction industry is rapidly evolving and changing presenting new opportunities and challenges. The construction project manager must coordinate, budget, and supervise the construction project from start to finish by exercising a high level of control of the project’s time, cost and quality. A successful project results in minimizing delays and at the same time giving best value for money.
The aim of the programme is to save project costs and reduce the project life cycle. The programme provides you with a rare combination of simplified theoretical foundations coupled with real-life implementation examples from our faculty’s experience. From conceptual design to commissioning, the programme will focus on those aspects that have the most impact on a project’s success. Expect to get insights on how to reduce your cost of international procurement and avoiding hefty tax charges among other topics.
Key Focus Areas
Participants will cover the following areas:
- Consultant selection
- Technology transfer
- Financial monitoring
- Management team selection
- Construction project management
- Energy efficiency for green development
The topics covered will allow participants achieve the following:
- Learn how to save project costs and reduce project life cycle
- Provide skills and knowledge that will help participants get more done.
- From conceptual design to commissioning, the programme will focus on those aspects that have the most impact on a project’s success.
- The curriculum is geared to help participants incorporate the entrepreneurial process to their construction management activities to achieve profitable success.
- We will provide you with a rare combination of solid theoretical foundations coupled with real-life implementation examples from our faculty’s experience, as well as yours.
This programme will bring together an optimum mix of practitioners from the construction industry, and will draw from their knowledge and experience as much as from our world-class faculty. We will provide you with a rare combination of solid theoretical foundations coupled with real-life implementation examples from our faculty’s experience, as well as yours.
Raul Figueroa, Course Leader Raul is the Project Manager for Strathmore University and is currently heading Strathmore’s acclaimed expansion. His experience includes management of engineering teams as well as spearheading construction and industrial projects in Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, an...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.