Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for advanced level program and project managers.
About the course
You learned project management techniques and best practices and developed the skills to effectively manage a project at your organization. Now what? Through a case-study-based simulation, you will turn project management theory into real-world application as you synthesize and apply your skills to common project management scenarios. From creating a work breakdown structure to generating a schedule to analyzing risk, you will complete every step of the project management process, using tools, templates, and project management software.
- Identify stakeholders and determine their roles
- Tailor your project management approach based on project characteristics
- Create a plan to provide early warning of potential risk events
- Actively involve your team in project planning and the creation of a shared vision
- Evaluate project status and monitor progress
- Negotiate a baseline with a customer
- Use exception management techniques to address trouble spots
- Close out a project and capture lessons learned
Initiating the Project
- Initiating Activities
- Project Constraints & Assumptions
Planning the Project, Part I
- Building the Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Creating the Schedule
Planning the Project, Part II
- Risk Management
- Cost Estimating
- Communications Management
- Change Management
Managing the Project
- Beyond Planning
- Monitoring and Controlling Activities
- Project Change
- Monitor Risks
Closing the Project
- Beyond Managing
- Project Evaluation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.