Who should attend
All members of a project team who would like an introduction to project management fundamentals, particularly those in academic settings, including researchers, project leaders, center directors/administrators, grant writers, and research development and administration professionals.
About the course
This one-day, hands-on seminar covers the fundamentals of project management, with particular emphasis on the unique aspects of conducting research in a university setting. A combination of lecture and hands-on exercises is used to provide a working introduction to research project management fundamentals, including planning, scheduling, cost estimation and control, and risk management.
Students will become familiar with the fundamentals of research project management by:
- Identifying topics covered in the PMBOK® Guide
- Outlining the phases of a research project
- Documenting project scope, and developing a work breakdown structure
- Developing, assessing, optimizing and compressing a project schedule
- Identifying and managing project risks
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.