About the course
Practical advice and a simple process for successfully planning and keeping your projects on track
Have you recently fallen into the role of a project manager?
When you suddenly find yourself responsible for managing an important project but are unfamiliar with the “science” of making it happen, you’re an accidental project manager.
The good news is that you can achieve success without being an expert on the subtleties of project management (PM)—you just need to have some basic tools and procedures, as well as the confidence to apply them properly.
You’ll find this webinar helpful as it lays out the basic elements that ALL project managers need to know, puts them into a workflow based on industry best practices, provides “how-to” examples, and explores a number of practical, no-nonsense techniques that will help you keep things running smoothly.
Good project management requires the PM to capture and track a lot of data and subsequently turn that data into information. Having the right stuff in your "toolbox" will increase your efficiency and effectiveness at every turn.
What you will cover
During this webinar, you’ll discover the key elements involved in setting up your project for success from the start, including:
- The critical concepts that you need to know to plan and manage projects
- An easy-to-follow process for taking projects from beginning to end
- How to scale the PM process to your specific project
- How to use software tools to simplify your chores and increase productivity
With this know-how, you’ll be able to apply just enough PM to help you achieve high-quality results in all of your projects.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology to manage a project from beginning to end
- Use a structured approach to prepare a project charter, incorporate appropriate plans, understand schedules, and understand specific outputs and deliverables for each step of the plan
Gary Chin, PMP, MBA is a project management consultant, author, and trainer who has worked with dozens of clients over the past two decades to help them plan, execute, and govern complex projects. His pragmatic approach includes an in-depth understanding of project management (mechanics and soft ...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.