Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Achieve positive results within deadline and on budget.
Effective project management executes and delivers positive change in an organisation. Learn how to produce results within time and on budget. To do this involves technical skills, such as critical path analysis and Gantt charting, as well as people skills, including motivating, influencing and managing intergroup conflict.
This course is highly interactive, including small group work, role plays, breakout sessions and open forum discussion of issues. The primary objective of the course is to provide practical hands-on techniques and approaches that can be applied immediately in the field. It is also consistent with formal project management theory and may be used for study credits towards the PMI (Project Management Institute) qualifications, PMP® and CAPM®. A set of basic project management tools and templates in electronic form is made available to participants to customise for use in their own work environment.
- Project initiation – ensuring a solid business justification for the project and an effective governance structure
- Planning – agreeing the scope of deliverables and the work plan to achieve that, including stakeholder communication, schedule, resources and cost
- Controlling – tracking progress, ensuring quality, managing changes and dealing with issues and risks
- Executing – the people management aspects, including conflict, negotiation and leadership
- Gain the ability to successfully manage small to medium sized projects
- Develop greater confidence to get results from people who do not normally report to you
- Understand the range of available project management approaches and when to use them
- Become familiar with basic project management tools and how to apply them
Your organisation will:
- Improve probability of business goal achievement
- Optimize use of resource, reduce costs and lead time to operational use
- Improve coordination of inter-group activity and ability to measure output
Who should attend
- Any manager or employee who finds themselves managing a project from time-to-time
- Project team members who wish to understand the environment in which they are working
- Anyone who would benefit in their role from discipline, planning and forethought