Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Earn 36 project management education hours towards your PMP (Project Management Professional) certification and exam when you complete Cornell’s Project Leadership certificate program.
Successful project managers are good at encouraging productivity, overseeing progress, and driving performance among workers. But great project leaders are prepared to go a step beyond, demonstrating emotional intelligence, excelling at communication, building productive relationships and leading high-functioning teams.
This certificate program will prepare you to influence your team to behave fundamentally different than a group of workers, and develop your leadership style to work better in specific project situations. You will learn techniques for fostering healthy conflict and learn how to monitor and control project work by developing stronger bonds among team members.
In addition to the Project Leadership curriculum, you have the option to join an intensive 5-week PMP study group, which includes live online sessions with other students and your instructor, guided practice PMP exams, and preparation strategies designed to help you prepare for the PMP exam. Accompanying study books required.
- Leverage Emotional Intelligence for Project Results
- Communicate Well to Drive Project Outcomes
- Turning Groups Into Teams
- Leading Project Teams
- Managing Conflict on Project Teams
- Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- PMP Study Group
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Become more emotionally intelligent in order to transform a group of workers into a high-performing team
- Communicate more effectively with stakeholders throughout the project’s life cycle
- Take on multiple leadership styles as the situation requires
- Develop the tools and skills to correct damaging conflict while fostering healthy conflict
- Identify ways to monitor the critical performance aspects that many project leaders miss
- Study the PMBOK and complete practice exams to prepare for the PMP exam
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Project Leadership Certificate from Cornell
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 36 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
Who should attend
- Team leaders
- Anyone responsible for the success of team projects and initiatives
- Project management professionals preparing to take the PMP exam
Trust the experts
Robert Newman's teaching focuses on developing critical skills for leadership, including: emotional intelligence, individual and team behavior, conflict management and other soft-skills for project managers; business savvy, effective communication, economic analysis, negotiation prowess, managin...
Project Leadership Certificate from Cornell University