About the course
Get to grips with cost effective, on demand project finance training
Over 7 modules you will progress from first principles to a sophisticated and nuanced understanding of how project finance transactions are structured. More importantly, you will understand the “why” behind each element of the structuring enabling you to confidently work up a complex transaction from the ground up. By the end of the course you will feel confident about:
- Identifying and mitigating key risks
- Structuring the various elements of a finance package including identifying best-fit sources of finance, debt sizing, debt structuring, covenants, lender security, inter-creditor arrangements. You will also have a solid grasp of all key metrics such as DSCR, LLCR, PLCR, IRR etc.
Negotiating key terms in a revenue agreement such as an Off-take Contract or other “Availability” type contracts.
Negotiating key terms in an EPC, O&M and Input Supply Contract
Negotiating key terms in a Credit Agreement
In addition, you will have a thorough understanding of the risk characteristics of various sectors in which project finance structures are used such as power, infrastructure, oil & gas, mining, PPP’s and others.
Learning is reinforced through quizzes, interactions and various set tasks. The learner is placed in the position of someone negotiating a transaction and asked to respond to negotiating points raised by various participants. Learners get to complete a “Risk Matrix”, mark up a “Term Sheet” and walk through the logic of a “Project Model”. The Course comes with 7 printable workbooks and many other useful resources.
Unfettered by any timing constraints this self-paced course is available “on-demand” and can be completed over 12 months. It is designed for practitioners and provides comprehensive coverage of all essential project finance topics. It takes about 40 hours to complete.
- Module 1: Introduction to Project Finance
- Module 2: Project Risks
- Module 3: Financing Projects
- Module 4: Revenue Agreements
- Module 5: EPC, O&M and Input Supply Agreements
- Module 6: Finance Documents
- Module 7: Project Finance Sectors
Atul has worked as a senior project financier with Australian, Japanese and French banks for over 15 years. He has core expertise in structuring debt and equity for infrastructure projects (toll roads, airports, rail, pipelines), public private partnerships (schools, convention centres, hospitals...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.