Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are an experienced manager who has recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership/general management position. You are looking to boost your leadership capabilities and be able to manage organizational change.
About the course
Gain recognition for your professional development in business management and leadership Enjoy better long-term career opportunities with the PED Diploma program.
The program takes you on a 360˚ transformational journey, rapidly building your skills, confidence and influence to lead successfully at a personal and organizational level. Once you achieve mastery, you will be recognized for your expertise with the PED Diploma.
The Diploma program is modular with several flexible starting points per year. You will learn in two key stages:
Get the business fundamentals, essential cross-functional skills, and learn how to integrate them into your business Focus on you as a leader of change Starting from just 7 weeks, plus executive coaching and distance learning support.
- Get up to speed with the concepts and capabilities you need to successfully transition to general management and business leadership
- Understand how to provide a guiding vision, to pull together various functions, businesses or country teams to create value
- Leverage the strengths of your different team members to create an integrated whole that is focused on winning
- Become a confident, fulfilled general manager and business leader
PED Diploma - recognition for your expertise in management and leadership
When you transition to general management, the level of complexity you face immediately increases. You need to be up to speed with the business fundamentals and to build essential cross-functional capabilities. You also need to know how to integrate the various functions into your business as a whole. Then you must develop personally as a leader with the confidence to lead the changes in your organization.
Your PED journey
Capability building and business integration – Stage 1
- Your journey starts by learning the business foundations to be successful in a general management/ leadership role. You build capabilities in the cross-functional skills and learn how to integrate them into your business.
- 20 days at IMD
- See details: Foundations to Business Leadership
- 20 weeks liVe virtual:
- Global Management Foundations
Influence, leadership and organizational change - Stage 2
- Your journey continues with a focus on the personal and business leadership skills you need to influence others and drive positive change in your organization.
- 2 x 2 weeks at IMD with inter-module support
- See details: Transition to Business Leadership
Leif Sjöblom is Professor of Financial Management at IMD. His areas of special interest are: The restructuring of the telecommunications industry Performance measurement and shareholder value creation Micro-entrepreneurship in sub-Saharan Africa Prior to joining IMD, Professor Sjöblom worked in...
Michael D. Watkins is Professor of Leadership and Organizational Change at IMD. He has spent the last two decades working with leaders – both corporate and public -- as they transition to new roles, transform their organizations, and craft their legacies. Dr. Watkins is author of the internation...
Dr Leleux is the Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance at IMD in Lausanne (Switzerland), where he was also director of the MBA program (2006-2008) and director of Research and Development (2004-2008). He is currently the co-Director of Foundations for Business Leadership (...
Philip Rosenzweig is professor of strategy and international business. He is Co-director of Transition to Business Leadership, and is also Co-Director of the Dual Executive MBA Program with CKGSB. Professor Rosenzweig's areas of expertise include strategy, firm performance, and complex organiz...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.