Who should attend
This course is designed for experienced project managers who desire to increase their project management skills and apply a standards-based approach to project management.
About the course
As the various application areas and industries’ capital expenditures have been soared in recent years; capital project execution has become a hot topic in the organizations executive suites in both private and public sectors.
Data from global project benchmarking shows that 65% of the projects with budgets of more than multi-hundred million dollars failed to meet business objectives. Projects are encountering significant overrun in their schedules and budgets, and as a consequence fail to achieve the organization’s financial, operational and strategic objectives.
This is mainly due to the failure of many project managers to successfully handle the competing demands of their multi-objectives projects. Applying the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to the project in competent way is the key success factor in project management.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- This 5-day course will provide you with necessary knowledge and skills, improve your ability to implement tools and techniques, and help building project management competency that will let you leading your project and bringing it into a desired success.
- Focusing on the generally accepted and internationally recognized project management practices, this course offers you an approach to successful project management across application areas and industries.
- Outlining Project Management Context
- Understanding Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Developing Project Management Competency
- Mastering Project Management Best Practices
- Dealing With Megaprojects
Outlining Project Management Context
- Introduction to projects and project management
- Project management roles and responsibilities
- The project competing demands
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Life Cycle
Understanding Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Overview the organizations and strategies
- Organizational system
- Organizational culture and style
- Organization structure
- Project Management System
Developing Project Management Competency
- Project management Body of Knowledge
- Application area knowledge, standards & regulations
- Understanding the project environment
- General management knowledge and skills
- Interpersonal skills
Mastering Project Management Best Practices
- Best practices in project management
- Tools and techniques
- Network diagramming
- Earned value management
- Information gathering techniques
- Assessment and verification
- Idea generation
- Data representation
- Modeling and simulation
- risk response strategies
- Contingent strategies
- Contracting strategies
Dealing With Megaprojects
- Megaproject phases
- Front-end loading
- Design development
- Value improvement
- Execution features
- Managing expectations
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.