Who should attend
If you are looking to improve your professional communication and interpersonal skills, this is the workshop for you.
About the course
Build your relationships and productivity through effective communication.
- Discuss the concept of professional communication in the workplace.
- Identify barriers to communication and strategies to overcome them.
- Learn how to send and receive clear messages.
- Consider examples of assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours.
- Create a Personal Action Plan to increase the impact of positive communication for you.
What is covered in the course?
- What is communication and the communication process?
- What are the barriers to communication?
- Sending and receiving clear messages.
- Developing your listening skills.
- Exploring your rights and responsibilities as a communicator and staff member.
- Three key techniques to assertive communication.
How will I benefit?
In this one-day course you’ll learn about the advantages of your personal communication style and how to better understand who you communicate with.
Your increased listening skills will enhance your relationships and productivity, and you’ll develop your confidence in your ability to communicate and present effectively.
How will my organisation benefit?
You will take back to your organisation the skills to transform everyday conversations into productive ones, and showcase the best ways for staff around you to listen, communicate and present.
Christina Mourtzios BMa&CompSc, Dip (Training and Assessment), Cert IV in TAE, Grad Dip LLN Christina has a strong background in learning and development with over 12 years’ experience in the industry. She is passionate about developing people and her philosophy is based on a proven ability t...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.