Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is tailored for current product management executives who desire further personal and career development to amplify their impact on the organisation. It is also designed for rising product management leaders who are transitioning into top executive roles.
About the course
Leading your organisation to success
Product Management (PM) is now an executive level function. As companies become more product-led and product-centric, Chief Product Officers and other executive product roles are appearing and rising in prominence. At this level, strong leadership skills are critical to the success of the individual, team, and organisation, and oftentimes, people don’t realise the impact their leadership style can have on themselves and others. As more product managers reach the executive ranks, they and their companies are recognising the need for accelerated development in this area.
To begin the process of honing executive-level product management skills, the Product Management Festival (PMF), an organisation dedicated to the development of product managers, and INSEAD, have partnered to develop the Product Management Executive Programme. It provides current and rising PM executives with the tools, knowledge and know-how to lead effectively and to amplify their impact in the organisation.
The Product Management Executive Programme is designed to provide attendees with opportunities to deepen their understanding of leadership and to develop their capacity to exercise it effectively and responsibly, while also providing a balance of PM-focused sessions. It will be led in tandem by INSEAD faculty and product executives from leading technology companies, providing strategic insights from the field and skills that will be critical to your success. The leadership and PM content is intertwined to reflect the many demands PM executives face.
How you benefit
- Confront, acknowledge, and develop your leadership style so that you can lead yourself and your organisation through growth and change
- Explore frameworks, recognise your impact on group dynamics, and design actionable plans to guide you in how to build, develop, and retain your teams
- Learn executive-level topics from top product management executives who will help you apply what they’ve learned in the field to your situation
- Enhance essential soft skills as you learn how to interact and negotiate with the board, investors, strategic partners and other stakeholders
- Grow your network with other product executives and gain access to leading product management experts worldwide.
The Product Management Executive Programme has been designed for you to build upon and integrate your past experiences, your current situation and your future aspirations. Through guest lecturers from leading technology companies, cases, group activities, and feedback and action planning, you will have opportunities to explore how leadership works, to learn how PM executives have maximised their impact within their own organisations and to lead and develop a sustainable product team. The programme consists of a three-pronged approach:
Learn from those who’ve come before you. Product management executives at the top technology companies present on topics that are critical to your success such as:
- Scaling the PM organisation
- Managing a board and other stakeholders
- Managing a product portfolio
- Building a product strategy and managing growth
- Using OKRs and KPIs effectively
- Guiding through org changes such as M&A
INSEAD professors use group activities, cases, live examples and more to help attendees personally and professionally develop through topics such as:
- Acknowledging and developing your leadership style
- Acquiring the skills to lead diverse teams
- Leading without formal authority
- Understanding and using networks
- Harnessing the power of organisational culture
- Honing negotiation skills
- Communicating with a board
- Recognising your impact on group dynamics
Personalised Action Plan
Programmes are not effective unless you have a way of tying them all together. The Product Management Executive Programme includes dedicated sessions that enable you to combine all the lessons learned and synthesise them into a personalised action plan
Noah Askin is an Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where he teaches the organisational design and leadership core course in the MBA program. His teaching focuses primarily on firms’ organisational-strategic alignment, leading and experiencing organisational change, managi...
Li Huang is an Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. She holds a PhD in Management and Organisations from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Professor Huang's research examines how the tension between contradictory psychological forces drives and regu...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.