Private Capital Markets
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Graziadio School of Business and Management.Full disclaimer.
Demystify Capital Markets and Learn from Industry Experts on How to Secure Private Equity Investment
The Certificate in Private Capital Markets program provides the critical analysis and evaluation skills needed for tackling today’s complex capital markets. By learning how to make better investment decisions and financing deals, students can, in turn, provide leadership solutions that will drive organizational growth and advance their careers.
Throughout the program, participants will analyze various types of private capital, from bank loans and asset-based lending to equity funding, as well as learn about the valuation methods used by capital providers.
The program is taught by Pepperdine faculty and industry leaders. Students will network with peers and industry experts – all while earning a valuable, in-demand credential. In addition, the certificate qualifies as continuing education credit for CPAs licensed in California and MCLE for attorneys licensed in California.
Certificate Program Information
- Learn about and perform an in-depth analysis of the major capital sources in the private markets: angel investments, venture capital, mezzanine, private equity, bank loans, asset-backed loans, and factoring lines.
- Study how capital providers evaluate risk and how they determine who qualifies for capital and from what source.
- Learn how capital providers value private businesses and how business owners can operate to increase their valuation.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the major sources of capital.
- Employ the private cost of capital (PCOC) model to estimate cost of capital for privately-held companies. Emphasis is on utilizing the Pepperdine Private Capital Markets Project survey data.
Who should attend
- Business owners, consultants, lawyers and mid-to-senior level executives that are responsible for securing private capital investment for their organization
- Business and financial professionals interested in gaining the knowledge, skills, and insights needed to succeed in the Private Capital Markets industry