Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
During this course, you will:
- Explore the meaning of private debt and its increasing importance
- Examine the role of private debt as an asset class, the instruments it comprises and the associated challenges
- Recognise the stimulus for the development of private debt as a distinct asset class following the financial crisis
- Examine debt valuation and the applied principles
- Assess structuring issues for private debt funds
- Examine the private debt investment process & strategies
- Explore the significance of Environmental, Social and (corporate) Governance (ESG)
- Scrutinise the regulatory constraints
- Examine the application of private debt to commercial and development initiatives
- Gain an understanding of key terminology specific to private debt financing
How You Will Learn
The course will combine presentations, business cases, and interactive Q&A sessions. Active participation is encouraged, and practical exercises will be used.
- Private Debt in Context
- Structuring Issues for Private Debt Funds
- Private Debt Investment Process
- Classifying Private Debt
- Private Debt Investment Strategies
- Private Debt Financial Instruments
- Private Debt Regulation
- Governance and ESG
- Applications of Private Debt Financing
- Development Initiatives
Roger Mills is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Reading. For more than 20 years, he was Professor of Finance and Accounting at Henley Management College, now Henley Business School and, subsequently, a Professor Dr in the VU University, Amsterdam. Roger has a unique blend of academic ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.