Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for civil, structural and architectural engineers whose work is related to reinforced concrete design. Hence, this course can be potentially useful to those responsible for reinforced concrete structures design.
About the course
This course presents the basic concepts and principles of reinforced concrete design. It is specifically structured to meet the technical needs of civil, structural and architectural engineers whose work is related to reinforced concrete design. This reviews different loads and discusses reinforced concrete behavior. It also presents mechanical properties of concrete, flexural theory of reinforced concrete, development length and splicing of steel bars, bending and shears in slabs and beams, various types of reinforced concrete slabs such as solid slab, hollow block slab, paneled beams and flat slab, and design concept of eccentric sections. Examples and case studies will be presented to have hands on application of the materials covered in the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Determine the basic knowledge of reinforced concrete design
- Create a design on the different types of slabs
- Recognize the behavior of reinforced concrete structures under different types of loads
- Illustrate the mechanical properties of concrete
- Discuss flexural theory of reinforced concrete and the design concept of eccentric sections
### Day 1
- Load Types
- Solid Slabs
- Hollow Block Slabs
- Paneled Beams
### Day 3
- Flat Slabs
- Columns Subjected to Compression
### Day 4
- Design of Sections
- Examples and Case Studies
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.