Who should attend
Marketing executives, managers, and directors who understand that pricing has a profound effect on the way customers perceive their organisation and its products. Delegates leave with a number of practical tips to determine, and communicate, prices to customers.
About the course
This course explores one of the most important elements of the marketing mix: pricing. We start by moving from cost-plus to value-based models, looking at pricing fundamentals and the impact pricing has on business performance such as profitability and growth – and how it matters as much to branding as the buying decision. We will discuss the importance of pricing for customers, both B2C and B2B, through a number of case studies with a view to developing a framework that we can apply ourselves day to day.
- What models help us think about pricing?
- Which approach worked (and which didn’t) for well-known brands
- How should our prices respond to a downturn?
- What is price discrimination? When is it right to adopt it?
- Why might prices we charge vary between territories?
- Does digital make it harder or easier to charge different prices?
- What is the difference between cost plus and value-based pricing?
- Which aspects of marketing are affected by the prices we charge?
- How the way we communicate price affects what customers think?
- How do pricing and discounts affect customer loyalty?
- When, if ever, should we adopt a freemium model?
- Should you take the high road or the low road?
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to take back to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced.
I’m a branding, marketing, sales, communications, and digital expert. I’ve worked with dozens of household names to deliver superb experiences to millions of people around the world. Now I train and advise hundreds of entrepreneurs and managers each year. It’s been a privilege to work with 19 E...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.