Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Senior-level Directors, Assistant/Associate and Managing Directors challenged to lead transformative experiences and implement Positive Leadership practices within the organization
Other senior-leaders including Business Unit Managers, General and Regional Managers across varied industries such as Financial services, Insurance, Manufacturing, Automotive, Utilities, Healthcare and more. These leaders seek to improve bottom line results by leveraging best positive leadership practices and principals from those aspiring/rising leaders in their organization who desire a new and impactful leadership philosophy
Program/Brand/Project and other Team Leaders who want instill better engagement and performance from the teams they lead
About the course
Positive Leadership is the key to creating empowering, virtuous organizations that have strong employee engagement and consistently outperform competitors.
This three-week online course is designed to help you explore new techniques to increase employee engagement, leverage empowerment to drive productivity, and share best practices with your cohort. Drawing on a diverse body of research, Professor Kim Cameron’s real-world, evidence-based examples demonstrate how leaders can affect organizational culture, positivity, and ultimately, productivity.
What sets this program apart:
- Experience live, weekly interactive sessions with renowned faculty Kim Cameron
- Evidence-based research validated by real-world data and results
- Highly personalized learning experience created by live, online events, based on your own data and assessment results. Our Ross faculty collate and analyze the coursework to create a personalized discussion each week.
- This course gives you access to course content that is adapted from the frameworks taught by our Ross faculty who teach in our Top #3 ranked BBA and Top #10 ranked MBA full-time degree programs.
This three-week online course features weekly live, interactive sessions with Professor Kim Cameron, who will discuss data/feedback from each week’s assessments, surveys, and other coursework. Each week also features a live, virtual Positive Leadership Breakout Group meeting. These live sessions allow each cohort to have a highly-personalized learning experience.
Each week, you’ll explore important topics that form the foundation for practicing Positive Leadership with your team:
Week One: The Strength of Positive Leadership
- Positive Leadership
- Knowing Yourself and Your Organization
- Positively Energizing Leadership
- Breakout Group working session: Personal Assessment
Week Two: Changing Your Culture
- How Positive Leadership Creates Positive Culture
- A Culture of Engagement
- Engagement in the Global Economy
- Breakout Group working session: Positive Culture and Engagement
Week Three: Sustaining Positive Culture
- The Key to Sustaining Positive Culture
- How Can Leaders Empower?
- The Path Forward
- Breakout Group working session: Sustaining Positive Culture Through Empowerment
Your Action Plan
- Daily online coursework will take approximately 30-minutes
- Breakout Groups meet 30-60 minutes each week
- The live, interactive sessions with Professor Cameron will be scheduled in advance. Sessions will also be recorded for availability at your convenience
- Assess and develop your key strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- Learn how to deploy the positive leadership toolkit in performance improvement initiatives
- Drive individual and team performance through the use of positive leadership principles
- Create measurable action plans for the individual, team and organizational performance improvement using positive leadership frameworks
Kim Cameron is William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations in the Ross School of Business and Professor of Higher Education in the School of Education. His past research on organizational virtuousness, downsizing, effectiveness, corporate quality culture, and the developmen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.