This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Accounting and finance are the language of business, the scorecards that measure your organization’s success and failure. In this program you will learn a comprehensive approach to financial analysis, helping you assess your organization’s financial decisions. This program will give you a foundation in basic managerial finance, including terms like valuation, capital investment, financing, risk and return, diversification, capital structure, and hedging. Plan to engage in the learning process with hands-on tools, case analysis, and active simulations.
- Develop comfort with the terms and techniques used in financial analysis
- Learn to confidently read and analyze corporate financial statements
- Evaluate an organization’s performance through hands-on financial analysis
- Acquire financial tools that will lead to more profitable decision making, to include risk management considerations
- Understand the role of capital budgeting to measure and manage growth opportunities
- Learn basics of financial markets including currency market
- Understand the impact of changing global conditions on financial performance
- Get an overview of valuation issues in Family Business
Who should attend
This custom program is designed for family members who are career professionals in business looking to improve their financial acumen and understanding of key finance and accounting practices. Experienced professionals will also find the program valuable, as the curriculum offers an opportunity to update skills, build confidence and apply new knowledge.
Trust the experts
Degrees PhD Business Administration - Accounting, 1991. Kent State University MBA General Business, 1987. University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh BBA Professional Accounting, 1981. Eastern Washington University Research Interests Rolling forecast practices linking theory to practice Annual report...
Financial educator focused on engaging clients and beneficiaries to prepare for multi-generational wealth transfers. Extensive client-facing experience with over 1,500 financial coaching sessions. Able to articulate complex personal finance, investment, estate planning, tax and insurance concepts...
MARKETING & WEBSITE MANAGEMENT Direct communications and annual events calendars Review marketing, sales, and promotional materials to ensure relevant and consistent messaging is maintained Manage content on Alliance-maintained websites Maintain, schedule, and produce monthly newsletter Cr...