Who should attend
This program is designed to provide managers with effective negotiation strategies and influence tactics for all kinds of business situations. All functional areas within organizations and all industry sectors can benefit from this program.
About the course
This highly interactive two-day program is designed to improve your understanding and ability to master the skill of negotiation and enhance the competitive position of your organization by drawing on the latest research in negotiation, influence and decision-making. You will gain expertise in diagnosing negotiation situations, knowing what strategies to apply in that given situation, maximizing power position, creating opportunities for joint gains, and developing trade-offs that lead to mutually beneficial agreements. The feedback and discussion sessions following each case will reinforce our newly acquired skills.
Key Learning Outcomes
After attending this program, participants will be better equipped to:
- Negotiate more effectively with business partners, customers, and employees
- Build stronger relationships and ability to influence through skillful negotiation
- Make better decisions during the negotiation process that result in competitive advantage for your organization
- Achieve optimal decision-making through planning and diagnosing the negotiation strategy
- Ability to negotiate in complex or multiple party situations
- Understand common negotiation barriers and how to avert them
Jennifer Dunn is a faculty member in the Department of Management at Michigan State University. Jennifer received her Ph.D. in Decision Processes from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Jennifer conducts research in the areas of negotiations, trust, reputation, and ethical ...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.