Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Process Engineers, Project Engineers, Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors interested to work in the field of Hydraulics, Automation and Process Control. The course will also definitely be beneficial for the all the other department people concerned with the plant operations, production, maintenance and safety. It could be also useful for the procurement and quality personnel.
About the course
Pneumatic Air is used for many industrial applications including for actuators and valves, motors, conveying, instrumentation, ESDV circuits etc.
This course is designed to provide basic concepts and practical advice on how to Design Pneumatic & Electro – Pneumatic Circuits and use them for process automation of many units. The course covers fundamentals of pneumatics including the air compressor and properties of air, pneumatic and electro pneumatic components, and industrial applications of the same. It also provides exposure to software tools used for design and simulation.
Guidelines for operations and maintenance are also provided to make it useful for day-to-day requirements
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:-
- Learn pneumatic air fundamentals including generation and distribution
- Understand working principles of pneumatic and electro pneumatic components
- Learn to carry out successful automation from laboratory to the real life project
- Understand operations and maintenance of Pneumatic & Electro – Pneumatic components
- Know the software tools used for design, engineering and simulation of circuits
- Develop skills to diagnose / troubleshoot pneumatic and electro pneumatic circuits.
- Instrument Air Compressors
- Distribution of instrument air
- Component of a Pneumatic System
- Basics of Cylinders & Valves – Types, Working principles, operations
- Understanding concepts of Port Numbering / Lettering
- System and Identification
- Special Application Valves
- Design & Implementation of Pneumatic Circuits using basic components
- Concepts of Latches and their Applications
- Operation and Troubleshooting of Pneumatic Systems
- Introduction to Electro-Pneumatics
- Solenoid Actuated Valves – Types, Working Principles,
- Operations and Design
- E/P and P/E , I/P and P/I converters
- Electro-Pneumatic Memory Circuits
- Concept of Electrical Latch and its Applications
- Design & Construction of Relay & Timer based Logic using components
- Basics of Sensors - Types, Principles, Integration with pneumatic and electro pneumatic circuits
- Introduction to advanced Electro Pneumatics
- Introduction to PLC Based Automation
Case studies: Real life applications will be presented
Special videos will be shown for better understanding
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.