Who should attend
All individuals who are involved in planning, managing or controlling projects, including:
- Project Owners and Clients
- Professionals whose Roles involve Leading and Directing Projects
- Project Managers and Project Team Leaders
- All Personnel who are involved in carrying out Project Work Assignments
- Project Administrators, Supervisors and Support Staff
- Project Planners, Schedulers, Cost Controllers and Engineers
- Personnel working for Project Contractors and Suppliers
About the course
The key to a successful project is through thorough planning.
If a project is well planned, it makes the process of organising, implementing and controlling the project a far simpler task than if it is poorly planned. A poorly planned project will always jeopardise the ability to effectively organise, implement and control the project, whereas poor organising, implementation and controlling can normally be corrected if a project has been well planned.
This Oxford seminar will examine the latest methods and techniques used to effectively plan, organise, implement and control projects. We will explore the differences between large and small, simple and complex projects, as well as the importance of understanding project context and environment. In doing so, delegates will learn to apply appropriate planning and controlling tools to the types of projects that are relevant to them.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Apply a professional, systematic approach to manage projects and project work assignments
- Define the project scope, establish realistic objectives and accurately specify deliverables
- Produce realistic project plans, determine the critical path and manage project risks
- Mobilise resources, create a true picture of project performance and maintain control of the programme
- Recognise team dynamics within the project, play to strengths and manage weaknesses
The Oxford seminar will focus on:
- The Key Project Management Skills needed to Maximize Project Performance
- The Responsibilities of Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Line Managers and Specialists
- Methods for Identifying, Engaging and Managing Project Stakeholders
- Techniques for Establishing the Full Scope of the Project and Prioritising Deliverables
- How to Create Realistic Plans, Pro-Actively Manage Risks and Exploit Opportunities
- The Use of Tools and Techniques for Tracking and Managing Project Performance
- The Leadership and Teamwork Skills needed to promote Collaboration throughout the Project
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.