Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, doctors, construction workers, lab technicians, firefighters, electricians and welders or those who may need to wear equipment designed to protect the worker.
About the course
This course covers types, selection, maintenance, and care of personal protective equipment in the workplace. The types of personal protective equipment (PPE) covered in the course includes hard hat, respiratory protection, hearing protection, and body protection. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Using the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), will help to ensure that employees remain safe when working around the many hazards a workplace can have. It is critical that workers have a working knowledge of the various types of personal protective equipment and how to use each type properly. To reduce the possibility of failure, PPE must also be maintained and stored properly.
This interactive Personal Protective Equipment Safety Course will train on all of these aspects of using PPE safely in the workplace, per OSHAs 29 CFR 1910.132 Subpart I standard.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Describe the proper use of the various types of PPE commonly found in general industry
- Identify the level of protection that a user is provided when wearing specific types of PPE
- Discuss the general maintenance and care techniques used for various types of PPE
- Risk assessment and the hierarchy of controls
- Achieving effective control
- Relevant legislation on supply and use of PPE
- The range of PPE and how it works
- Correct selection, use and maintenance of PPE
- How PPE performance is described, for example protection factors
- Types, capabilities and limitations of PPE covering:
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Protective clothing, including gloves and boots
- Head protection/Eye and face protection
- Hearing protection
- Fall protection and PPE for work at height
- Using different PPE and equipment together at the same time - the PPE ensemble
- How to put on and take off PPE, including daily checks and avoiding contamination
- Wearer training and what you need to develop competence
- The elements of an effective PPE management programme, including implementing and managing a PPE Programme
- Typical problems with PPE and PPE Programmes
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work