Performance Management and Control
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Discuss fundamental performance management and control systems.
Analyze fundamental performance management and control systems, including structured measurement models, analytical techniques and system biases. Establish a firm grounding in proven measurement techniques while also addressing cost-benefit issues. Employ better performance measurement systems, challenging ineffective or inefficient metrics, and create a culture of planning, execution and accountability.
Finance & Accounting
Examine the processes and practices of accounting and finance to gain a robust understanding of the part you play.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Identify the elements of an effective performance management and control system
- Evaluate the output of systems that report cost and profitability performance in a moderately complex operation
- Implement a system of strategic and operational control including belief, boundary, diagnostics and interactive controls
- Describe the operation of an effective master budgeting system
- Analyze and interpret budget-actual variances and assess responsibility for them
- Design a balanced scorecard performance management system for a business unit
- Operational control
- Performance management systems
- Effective budgeting systems
- Analysis of variances
- Human dynamics of budgeting